News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

If you are vacinated how much are you giving up your masks

Started by MightyGiants, May 14, 2021, 08:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

In light of the CDC's new guidelines I have attached them, how much are you going to go back to doing and how much are you going to give up mask-wearing?

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

I have been visiting all of my offices and working as usual since January.

I am fully vaccinated but I continue to social space and wear a mask to help model the way. We don
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

ozzie

I am fully vaccinated but will continue to wear my mask and distance myself.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

MightyGiants

I am torn, myself.  I mean there is a thread talking about the 7 vaccinated Yankees positive for Covid (now 8) and yet the CDC is telling us we can return to normal.   I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this, don't worry be happy, approach
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

I will wear it in stores and anywhere there is a lot of people. Meanwhile the ones who refuse the vaccine and the mask will spread it among themselves. Their choice, their life.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Btw, I carry a copy of my vaccine card in my wallet. It's laminated but don't laminate the original card because we may need booster shots at some point and it would need to be documented on the original card. I think someday we all will need to carry a medical ID.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

katkavage

I will continue to wear the mask in stores and on trains and in closed places (with the exception of visits with others who are double vaxxed). Outside I don't wear a mask anymore (maybe if I'm in a mob I would). I didn't wear one last summer. I think the data is pretty clear that the chances of getting Covid outdoors without a mask are very very slim. There are other dangers to worry about.

FL GMAN

Didn't the CDC issue new guidelines stating that the mask and social distancing are unnecessary.

MightyGiants

Quote from: FL GMAN on May 14, 2021, 11:45:36 AM
Didn't the CDC issue new guidelines stating that the mask and social distancing are unnecessary.

The picture in the first post is the new CDC guidelines.   

For vaccinated people the CDC is pretty much saying you don't need a mask or to social distance under most normal situations.  I understand taking mass transit and some healthcare settings are the exception and I believe high risk individuals as well
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bill Brown

I only wear a mask if mandated by a business. Not outside any time. I had covid. I have been vaccinated. If you believe the vaccine is effective than there should be no fear of getting it again. I am fine if everyone wants to wear a mask.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

jimmyz

I thought Biden didnt want America to unmask until the 4th of July....oh yea, well his economy is tanking so suddenly the science has shifted and you can trust that.  He now has to undo the months and months of fear mongering coming from his side of the isle.  Lying politicians can turn on a dime but the Left can't...they value their street cred too much.  Now they're calling the CDC and Fauci liars.

The left cant stop contradicting themselves because their ideology is based on a very soft and mushy substance as its foundation.
"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."

LennG

This what happens when you stay with all these political threads on the Front Porch. Here is a thread that has NO political mention, yet because politics are allowed here, it is open season on every thread.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimmyz

Says the guy who wrote that he wasn't trying to be political and also we gotta find a way to take guns out of the hands of these gunowners in the same thread.
"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."

jimmyz

Fauci says don't castigate those who want to still wear their masks outdoors.  Meanwhile those who didnt wear their masks outdoors were castigated by people dressed like the grim reaper.

The hypocrisy.