News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

If you are vacinated how much are you giving up your masks

Started by MightyGiants, May 14, 2021, 08:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

I'm curious if attitudes on this have changed at all in the past couple of weeks.

MightyGiants

Here in NJ last Friday the lifted mask-wearing in stores.  I wore a surgical mask in the supermarket Monday and this morning and I was part of an overwhelming majority

I am being less cautious but I am not abandoning mask-wearing, not just yet.  I have a close friend who is a health officer.  We spoke last night about the new standards.   She hasn't been vaccinated and she was saying the unvaccinated are "encouraged" to keep wearing masks.  However, the actual rules being put into place requiring the unvaccinated to keep wearing masks.

My issue is that people who are unwilling to give to the common good by getting vaccinated are also the same type who will be the first to rip off their masks.

So while I have eased up on the higher level KN95, I am not yet willing to run around going maskless and put my health and safety in the hands of strangers who may have refused to get vaccinated but unmask anyway.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 02, 2021, 10:45:19 AM
Here in NJ last Friday the lifted mask-wearing in stores.  I wore a surgical mask in the supermarket Monday and this morning and I was part of an overwhelming majority

I am being less cautious but I am not abandoning mask-wearing, not just yet.  I have a close friend who is a health officer.  We spoke last night about the new standards.   She hasn't been vaccinated and she was saying the unvaccinated are "encouraged" to keep wearing masks.  However, the actual rules being put into place requiring the unvaccinated to keep wearing masks.

My issue is that people who are unwilling to give to the common good by getting vaccinated are also the same type who will be the first to rip off their masks.

So while I have eased up on the higher level KN95, I am not yet willing to run around going maskless and put my health and safety in the hands of strangers who may have refused to get vaccinated but unmask anyway.

I am pretty much on the same page. With the numbers looking very benign now, and much of the population having had at least one dose, I am definitely easing up a little. However I still wear the surgical mask in stores and other indoor venues, and I am still pretty conscientious about distancing (as much as possible) and sanitzing, etc. However I have been to a couple of restaurants (obviously no mask when sitting down), and I have started going to the gym again sometimes. I am as careful as I can be about distancing in these situations, but no doubt the risk is higher. I just feel that with the numbers what they are now, and with me having been fully vaccinated, the timing is right to begin to grind slowly back towards a more normal existence.

LennG

As I have alluded to before, while on the field, as an umpire, we have ditched the masks, or, at the very least, worn them on our chins, just for the sake of having them on.

I still wear a mask going into stores as many stores here still have the signs up that masks are required. We have gone from doubling up the masks to just one now.

Next week is my darling wife's 70th birthday and we are planning on going out to eat for the first time in 18 months. It WILL be a different experience.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss