News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What was your favorite TV series from the 60s

Started by MightyGiants, May 19, 2021, 01:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Star Trek.

Runner up: Twilight Zone.

Second runner up: Perry Mason LOL

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

There are so many but if I had to vote one it would be Star Trek

If I could pick 3

Star Trek
Get Smart
Adams Family
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

As a kid, I can only remember one show that I couldn't wait to come on: Lost in Space

I always liked The Beverly Hillbillies and Giligan's Island (mainly because I had a school boy crush on Mary Ann!), but I didn't get excited to see them the way I did with Lost in Space....."danger, danger,"
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

I would say my two favorite TV from the 60's were the original Mission Impossible and the Twilight Zone. The Twighlite Zone was so far ahead of it's time, it would still be a hit today.

I was overseas from 1966-1969 and we were only able to get certain TV shows. Some others which were part of the 60's I really caught up with later on, such as the original Star Trek. This wasn't shown on Armed Forces TV but when I got married in 1974, my darling wife just LOVED this show and turned me on to it and I agree I still watch them as often as I could.

A few other shows that I personally liked

I Dream of Jeannie (for obvious reasons)
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
McHale's Navy
Andy Griffith Show
Bonanza (which covered several decades) but the early shows were the best.

Give me some time and I'll come up with a bunch more.

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

weeze

I got a real kick out of the "WILD.WILD, West. Still do. Star trek Man from UNcle, Hogans Heroes, so many/
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

jimv

ozzie

Loved Twilight Zone, Hitchcock, The Beverly Hillbillies & the Munsters, but my #1 show of the 60's was The Avengers.
The young version  of me thought John Steed was super cool and Emma Peel was a ravishing beauty that could also kick serious butt!!
One show not mentioned that I would put up there with The Avengers was "Combat". Vic Morrow as Sgt Chip Saunders was something I looked forward to every week!
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Ed Vette

Then? Batman
Later in life watching reruns? Star Trek.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Thinking about this some more and really looking back, there were several shows, that some loved, maybe even great shows, that I really never got into. As I said, for the most part, being overseas, we were only able to get Armed Forces TV and they showed basically a slice of that was on TV at that time. I was there 1966-1969 so most shows, especially ones that started their run in that time, I never really saw. Some, as with Mission Impossible, were shown on AFTV, and most-watched it regularly. Another show, that skip[ped my mind, that I did watch regularly was
Man From UNCLE, which most liked very much.

I never saw The Avengers and for some reason, never really got into it, but as some have said, it was a good show.

Another show that was a huge hit overseas was Get Smart. Just laugh out loud stuff.

As I said, we got and loved McCalls Navy, but most hated Gomer Pyle (I guess the Air  Force loved the Navy but hated the Army)

And another that I watched regularly, early '60s was Rawhide. You could just see Clint Eastwood becoming a huge star someday.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

the12th man

katkavage

Get Smart
Star Trek
(don't forget The Prisoner)
Wild Wild West
Lost in Space

Sem

A bunch really.

Mission Impossible
Wild Wild West
Mannix
Laugh In
Twilight Zone
My Favorite Martian
My Three Sons
Daktari
Get Smart
The Avengers
Batman
Hogan's Heroes
I Dream of Jeannie
The Monkees

LennG

Quote from: Sem on June 12, 2021, 02:59:32 PM
A bunch really.

Mission Impossible
Wild Wild West
Mannix
Laugh In
Twilight Zone
My Favorite Martian
My Three Sons
Daktari
Get Smart
The Avengers
Batman
Hogan's Heroes
I Dream of Jeannie
The Monkees

Come on Steve, did you really like The Monkeys? I thought only teen age girls like that show.  =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Charlie Weiss

Sem

Quote from: LennG on June 12, 2021, 08:02:15 PM
Come on Steve, did you really like The Monkeys? I thought only teen age girls like that show.  =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Haha, yes of course I did!!  I was nine years old when the series began. Right up my alley at that age.