News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

More On the Lab Leak Hypothesis

Started by jimmyz, May 24, 2021, 12:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on May 25, 2021, 10:11:47 AM
Rich: First, I was truly unaware that the Chinese government and the lab dispute the claim the anyone who works in the lab ever became ill at the time in question.  I have never seen that stated anywhere.

Further, don't you have trouble believing no lab employee was ever ill at the time in question? I have a great deal of trouble believing that.  Are they are super-human beings who never get sick for any reason?

Lastly, I have never seen anything from the Biden administration disputing the intel report, nor has Biden publicly contested (or even questioned) the findings of the intel report.

Bob

So you have no problem "believing" the outlandish scenario where 3 people were "HOSPITALIZED" sick with Covid (and shedding virus like crazy) yet somehow didn't get other patients, visitors, or hospital staff sick with Covid (despite zero safety precautions), but the idea that no lab workers were "hospitalized" in the month of November is "unbelievable".   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 25, 2021, 10:18:27 AM
So you have no problem "believing" the outlandish scenario where 3 people were "HOSPITALIZED" sick with Covid (and shedding virus like crazy) yet somehow didn't get other patients, visitors, or hospital staff sick with Covid (despite zero safety precautions), but the idea that no lab workers were "hospitalized" in the month of November is "unbelievable".
Rich: No.  That is where, IMO, you a being a bit stubborn.  I'm definitely NOT believing that scenario (nor am I insisting in any way that you should believe it). 

At this point in time, I'm ONLY saying that that scenario has not been conclusively ruled out.  That is a fact.

IMO, it would simple for the Chinese to provide hospital records which would totally dispel that scenario, and I am surprised that they have not already done so.  So, I am suspicious, and it is still a viable scenario.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on May 25, 2021, 10:26:42 AM
Rich: No.  That is where, IMO, you a being a bit stubborn.  I'm definitely NOT believing that scenario (nor am I insisting in any way that you should believe it). 

At this point in time, I'm ONLY saying that that scenario has not been conclusively ruled out.  That is a fact.

IMO, it would simple for the Chinese to provide hospital records which would totally dispel that scenario, and I am surprised that they have not already done so.  So, I am suspicious, and it is still a viable scenario.

Bob

Yeah, I am sure politically driven conspiracy theorists would be totally satisfied if the hospital violated patient privacy and turned over all their records. /sarcasm/  I am sure no one would claim the records were altered or doctored /sarcasm/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimmyz

The Biden Administration is using the Trump Administration's intelligence report.  Take that for what you will.  I'll take it as admission that at least the Biden administration finds it credible enough to open a book that Daszak closed and the media declared was settled. 

The Lab Leak theory lives while Russia Russia Russian meddling has suddenly fallen off a steep cliff as Biden granted a huge but little reported favor to Putin by waiving sanctions on a Russian oil pipeline to Germany.  It speaks to what was mere politics vs what is a real concern.
"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 25, 2021, 10:33:13 AM
Yeah, I am sure politically driven conspiracy theorists would be totally satisfied if the hospital violated patient privacy and turned over all their records. /sarcasm/  I am sure no one would claim the records were altered or doctored /sarcasm/
Rich: It's a good point.  On the other hand, maybe that's what's taking the Chinese so long to turn over the records... they are still under "preparation" for public viewing. We all know the Chinese never lie.   /sarcasm/

jimmyz

I had no idea the CCP valued patient privacy.   =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."

MightyGiants

Quote from: jimmyz on May 25, 2021, 10:34:01 AM
The Biden Administration is using the Trump Administration's intelligence report.

If this is a science thread and not another politically driven attack on the truth, you can not doubt provide documented proof to support this claim.   Proof that the Biden administration is "using" that report.

Now to save you time, the Biden's administration's desire to continue to investigate all possibilities is DOES NOT support an assertion that they are using the Trump intel report.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: jimmyz on May 25, 2021, 10:42:03 AM
I had no idea the CCP valued patient privacy.   =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

That's a very "scientific" comment /sarcasm/

This thread reminds me of the old saying-  don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimmyz

If the report was baseless to begin with then why is Biden's administration even bothering to look?  I mean....they stopped looking at the Red Scourge didn't they?

jimmyz

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 25, 2021, 10:45:55 AM
That's a very "scientific" comment /sarcasm/

This thread reminds me of the old saying-  don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining

That wasn;t scientific but your comment about Communist China not wanting to violating patient privacy made me laugh.  In so many ways, you clearly have a 1980s world view.

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 25, 2021, 10:42:33 AM
If this is a science thread and not another politically driven attack on the truth, you can not doubt provide documented proof to support this claim.   Proof that the Biden administration is "using" that report.

Now to save you time, the Biden's administration's desire to continue to investigate all possibilities is DOES NOT support an assertion that they are using the Trump intel report.
Rich: I agree with you, and I think jimmy's statement needs revision. 

IMO, it is correct to say that whether or not the Biden admin is using the Trump admin intel report, it is clear (to me, at least) that the Biden admin has not disavowed the Trump admin intel report.

I believe you can and will (and should) agree with my clarification.  Let me know.

Bob

MightyGiants

Quote from: jimmyz on May 25, 2021, 10:49:21 AM
That wasn;t scientific but your comment about Communist China not wanting to violating patient privacy made me laugh.  In so many ways, you clearly have a 1980s world view.

So you are admitting your thread is just political propaganda and not science (a really crappy political view in my opinion)

See, here's the thing, FACTUALLY I didn't say the Chinese government was worried about patient privacy.   I said:

"if the hospital violated patient privacy and turned over all their record"

Nowhere did I state that the Chinese government- "not wanting to violate patient privacy"

Science is about facts and evidence and seeking the truth.   This thread is about you pushing the political talking points you learned from consuming way too much political propaganda
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on May 25, 2021, 10:54:02 AM
Rich: I agree with you, and I think jimmy's statement needs revision. 

IMO, it is correct to say that whether or not the Biden admin is using the Trump admin intel report, it is clear (to me, at least) that the Biden admin has not disavowed the Trump admin intel report.

I believe you can and will (and should) agree with my clarification.  Let me know.

Bob

Since I have removed all doubt that this is purely a political thread masquerading as a science thread, I will give you a political answer.   Why would Biden or his administration dispute the report?   From their political vantage point, keeping the pressure on China to be more forthcoming with information is positive.   In the pursuit of the truth, the leaked intelligence report (accurate or not) serves the a purpose. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimmyz

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 25, 2021, 10:58:13 AM
So you are admitting your thread is just political propaganda and not science (a really crappy political view in my opinion)

See, here's the thing, FACTUALLY I didn't say the Chinese government was worried about patient privacy.   I said:

"if the hospital violated patient privacy and turned over all their record"

Nowhere did I state that the Chinese government- "not wanting to violate patient privacy"

Science is about facts and evidence and seeking the truth.   This thread is about you pushing the political talking points you learned from consuming way too much political propaganda

But why bother mentioning hospitals violating patient privacy when that is hardly even a concern for the CCP?  What are you hinting at by bringing it up?  You were using that as a possible reason for why the CCP wouldnt expose patient records and violate their privacy.  Nice try though.  How about you not piss on my leg and tell me its raining?

MightyGiants

Quote from: jimmyz on May 25, 2021, 11:04:23 AM
But why bother mentioning hospitals violating patient privacy when that is hardly even a concern for the CCP? 

Because we as Americans consider patient privacy important, so why are you and Bob advocating that we demand others to take actions we would consider unethical????

Again, this BS thread is a great example of why we did away with politics
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE