News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

More On the Lab Leak Hypothesis

Started by jimmyz, May 24, 2021, 12:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyz

The science groupies of late have changed their tune.  It is no longer that the science shows the virus came from nature to the science says we gotta keep all avenues open.

Do I respect the science?  Yep.  Do I respect the scientists on this matter?  The ones without an agenda...yep; meaning definitely not Peter Daszak.

QuoteEvidence that Covid-19 originally leaked from a Wuhan, China, virology lab is growing, Dr. Scott Gottlieb told CNBC on Monday, pointing to reports that three researchers from the lab sought hospital care with a Covid-like illness in November 2019.

"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."

jimmyz

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 25, 2021, 11:08:12 AM
Because we as Americans consider patient privacy important, so why are you and Bob advocating that we demand others to take actions we would consider unethical????

Again, this BS thread is a great example of why we did away with politics

You must be confused because we are talking about the prospects of two separate governments finding a source of this virus and your claim is now that because we as Americans do value patient privacy we wouldnt suggest the CCP hand over that information for investigation because of our robust sense of ethics?  Remember, this is the US government supposedly acting on our behalf and they wouldn;t hesitate to ask for exactly that in spite of our citizenry's moral objections.
"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."

MightyGiants

Quote from: jimmyz on May 25, 2021, 11:10:50 AM
The science groupies of late have changed their tune.  It is no longer that the science shows the virus came from nature to the science says we gotta keep all avenues open.

Do I respect the science?  Yep.  Do I respect the scientists on this matter?  The ones without an agenda...yep; meaning definitely not Peter Daszak.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/24/gottlieb-says-theres-growing-circumstantial-evidence-that-covid-may-have-originated-in-a-lab.html

So you are upping the politics factor.  Here is the guy you are quoting

Scott Gottlieb is an American physician and investor who served as the 23rd Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration from 2017 until April 2019 under Donald Trump.
Born: June 11, 1972 (age 48 years), East Brunswick, NJ
Nationality: American
Spouse: Allyson Nemeroff (m. 2004)
Party: Republican Party
Parents: Stanley Gottlieb, Marsha Gottlieb
Education: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Wesleyan University

Yup, the Trump administration was so honest, no reason to not take everything they say on blind faith /sarcasm/

By all means, though continue to pursue your political agenda of slandering and demonizing  Peter Daszak an infectious disease expert for the crime of interfering with your rank political agenda
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 25, 2021, 11:02:39 AM
Why would Biden or his administration dispute the report?   From their political vantage point, keeping the pressure on China to be more forthcoming with information is positive.   In the pursuit of the truth, the leaked intelligence report (accurate or not) serves the a purpose.
Rich: I agree. And, by the way, I don't think your response is political, strictly speaking. Generally "all politics should end at the border" (we traditionally try to unite on issues relating to defense and foreign affairs).  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

jimmyz

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 25, 2021, 11:17:58 AM
So you are upping the politics factor.  Here is the guy you are quoting

Scott Gottlieb is an American physician and investor who served as the 23rd Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration from 2017 until April 2019 under Donald Trump.
Born: June 11, 1972 (age 48 years), East Brunswick, NJ
Nationality: American
Spouse: Allyson Nemeroff (m. 2004)
Party: Republican Party
Parents: Stanley Gottlieb, Marsha Gottlieb
Education: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Wesleyan University

Yup, the Trump administration was so honest, no reason to not take everything they say on blind faith /sarcasm/

By all means, though continue to pursue your political agenda of slandering and demonizing  Peter Daszak an infectious disease expert for the crime of interfering with your rank political agenda

So Gotlieb is not trustworthy because he wears an R?  Meanwhile Daszak, the most compromised person at the center of this controversy is the most trustworthy? 

You weren't pissing on my leg, you're sh!tting me. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: jimmyz on May 25, 2021, 11:23:14 AM
So Gotlieb is not trustworthy because he wears an R?  Meanwhile Daszak, the most compromised person at the center of this controversy is the most trustworthy? 

You weren't pissing on my leg, you're sh!tting me.

This Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll:

The May 17-19 national poll found that 53% of Republicans believe Trump, their party's nominee, is the
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

babywhales

Nothing political about this thread   /sarcasm/

Stop pretending you are discussing topics, when all that is occurring, thread after thread, is taking the same BS talking points from the outside world and infusing them into the BBH. 
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

babywhales

BTW-Science is about nothing other than the quest for knowledge through the Scientific Method.

It's about an approach that takes a question, conducts research, develops a hypothesis, test the hypothesis, makes unbiased observations,  analyze results and draw a conclusion only to have the whole transparent process evaluated by presenting your findings.

This method is the single greatest development by man ever, period.

What editorialized TV and radio productions have done to warp the masses view of science by exploiting  their limited education and capacity is shameful. 

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Woody

The WHO has been lying and covering up for China since day one of covid. They are not to be trusted . The so called investigation by

MightyGiants

Quote from: Woody on May 25, 2021, 12:09:05 PM
The WHO has been lying and covering up for China since day one of covid. They are not to be trusted .

Not a scientific observation but claim endorsed by Donald Trump and the right-wing propaganda machine.   Just more proof this thread was always about pushing political propaganda rather than a scientific discussion.

Quote from: Woody on May 25, 2021, 12:09:05 PM

Wait until it comes out that Fauci was funding the lab in question against Obamas direction way back in 2014 .

What far-right political propaganda source did you get this one from?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 25, 2021, 12:12:40 PM
Not a scientific observation but claim endorsed by Donald Trump and the right-wing propaganda machine.   Just more proof this thread was always about pushing political propaganda rather than a scientific discussion.

What far-right political propaganda source did you get this one from?
Rich: Why add a political spin to posts that mention only scientific matters? I don't see any reason for it other than a possible subconscious desire to sabotage any conversation about origin of the virus. Bob

katkavage

I thought Covid and its origins were a diabolical plot cooked up by Fauci and aided by CNN to cover up for China so they could rake in billions on PPE and ratings for CNN. In fact, it might have been Dr. Evil who unleashed the virus on the world  using the not to be trusted Chinese as his own cover. Where is Austin Powers to solve this crime???

Bob In PA

Quote from: katkavage on May 25, 2021, 12:29:36 PM
I thought Covid and its origins were a diabolical plot cooked up by Fauci and aided by CNN to cover up for China so they could rake in billions on PPE and ratings for CNN. In fact, it might have been Dr. Evil who unleashed the virus on the world  using the not to be trusted Chinese as his own cover. Where is Austin Powers to solve this crime???
kat: Good one. The truth will come out. I don't know what it might be, but IMO this is a matter of great significance to all of humanity... so IMO we must persevere until there are definitive answers.  Bob

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on May 25, 2021, 12:26:46 PM
Rich: Why add a political spin to posts that mention only scientific matters? I don't see any reason for it other than a possible subconscious desire to sabotage any conversation about origin of the virus. Bob

Seriously?!?!   :what:

Bob,

Why don't you admit this is was always a political thread and shut it down like it should have been from the start?  This thread was never anything other than you and Jimmy (and now Woody) pushing your political agenda while trying to claim it's just an innocent scientific discussion.   :boooo:   I have already demonstrated how you two cherry-picked data (a scientific no-no) to support political positions and now you have Woody espousing wild right-wing political conspiracy theories.

Time to keep make the Front Porch a politics free zone. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: katkavage on May 25, 2021, 12:29:36 PM

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

That sums it up nicely  :ok:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE