News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Memorial Day weekend BBQ questions

Started by MightyGiants, May 28, 2021, 08:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

What is the favorite thing you or your friend/family BBQ?

Where (either restaurant or part of the country) has the best BBQ?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

Right here in TEXAS!
Actually, I like BBQ anywhere, but I think living here you're contractually obliged to brag on it.

At home I love smoking ribs and just throwing some burgers on the grill
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

philo43

Quote from: ozzie on May 28, 2021, 08:51:28 AM
Right here in TEXAS!
Actually, I like BBQ anywhere, but I think living here you're contractually obliged to brag on it.

At home I love smoking ribs and just throwing some burgers on the grill

Ozzie,

My second trip to your area in 1988, my wife's grandfather took me for a ride.  They lived in downtown Garland near the feed store, by the Railroad tracks.  He took off on back roads headed in the general direction of Sachse / Wylie.  He then tuned onto a dirt path and drove up about half a mile to a 2 stall cinder block garage.  He grabbed a couple of  brown paper bags from the person outside and left.

Best BBQ I have ever had!!!!

squibber

I love a porterhouse steak cooked on the grill. I then put on a little salt and then I generously sprinkle coarse ground black pepper on it.

To change it up, I do what I saw a chef did on Stanley Tucci

Sem

Spiedies. It's always spiedies.

LennG

Since it is basically just the two of us, and to open and light the grill just isn't necessary that much anymore. When we do BBQ I love a lot of grilled veggies like eggplant and summer squash and for an entree, it is usually shish-ka-bob, my specialty.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Gotta go with the charcoal grill. I'm a purist. Even if you have a gas grill, it's worth having a charcoal grill as well just so you can mix it up. You get so much of a better end product with the charcoal. Obviously it's more of a hassle and there is more cleanup, but it is well worth the effort.

One thing I've been adding to barbecues recently are padron peppers. You can generally get them in a supermarket. They're a delicious and healthy side for any grilled meat or fish meal. They also work well as a starter. They're easy to prep too - just put them in a bowl and work in olive oil and sea salt and they're ready to grill. You see them in restaurants a lot these days. I highly recommend adding them into your next barbecue meal. They're a real crowd pleaser.