News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

If you could go back in time and tell your younger self one thing

Started by MightyGiants, June 01, 2021, 10:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

I would tell my younger self to take better care of my knees.   Start at an early age keeping them strong and working on flexibility so that they weren't shot by the time I was 40
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Buy as much Bitcoin as you can possibly get your hands on in 2010. Take profit in April of 2021.

The end.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 01, 2021, 10:49:43 AM
Buy as much Bitcoin as you can possibly get your hands on in 2010. Take profit in April of 2021.

The end.

LOL!  Nice Back to the Future move, Biff  :laugh:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Bet the Pats don't go 18-0

Oh yeah, find some guy named Gates and become his friend.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

This could easily be an endless list for me

Agree with Bob...don't marry that first wife!

Take studies seriously in high school

Instead of selling my car when I want a change, store them in my father's barn ('55 Chevy 2-dr; '60 Chevy 409 rag top; 62 Chevy 2-dr bright red; 64 Chevelle 4 speed on the floor mint; 68 Road Runner; 69 GTX; 69 TR 6 (mint); 70 AMC Rebel; 72 Baracuda; then I got married and drove pretty much crap cars the rest of my life until I reached my 50's.

Stay away from Linda, Theresa, Barb, Marlene, Kathy...and that's just a start

Never lose that old Mickey Mantle card I had when I was in grade school  :'(

Start investing in the stock market right after high school instead of waiting until I'm in my late 60's

Put every dime allowed when the new law came out for 401ks (actually I did, but not at first...started slowly 2%, then 3%, and finally 6% after about 4 years.

Save, save, save instead of living on credit for most my life

Anyway...that's a start. I'd do an awful lot differently if I could do it all over  :(

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

As most know, I was a HUGE Brooklyn Dodger fan. I went to Ebbitt's Field as much as possible and had countless autographs of most of the players, including, at least 10 signed scorebooks, baseball cards, and papers from Jackie Robinson. What I would tell my younger self. Don't leave that show box around when you go into the service so Mom can take it and throw it out.  I could be on a yacht somewhere right about now.   :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss