News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

In this day and age, how was this even a thing???

Started by MightyGiants, June 03, 2021, 09:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

The Associated Press
@AP
The NFL says it will halt the use of
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Rich: It's not a thing, but I predict you're going to get at least one "political" answer to the question. Stunned? I'm not. We've been hearing this type of nonsense for years. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on June 03, 2021, 11:39:25 AM
Rich: It's not a thing, but I predict you're going to get at least one "political" answer to the question. Stunned? I'm not. We've been hearing this type of nonsense for years. Bob

Bob,

If you were correct and this wasn't a "thing" the NFL would have agreed to stop doing it
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 03, 2021, 12:05:58 PM
Bob,

If you were correct and this wasn't a "thing" the NFL would have agreed to stop doing it

Rich: I "liked" your post even though the NFL has been getting away with all sorts of nonsense for a long, long time (just one example: avoiding being labeled as a monopoly).  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on June 03, 2021, 12:09:41 PM
Rich: I "liked" your post even though the NFL has been getting away with all sorts of nonsense for a long, long time (just one example: avoiding being labeled as a monopoly).  Bob

I first heard about this yesterday morning when one of the NFLPA's lawyers resigned because of comments he made about the topic.   I just couldn't believe the claim and assumed it was a lie or overblown BS.  I was beyond shocked when late yesterday I heard the NFL agreed to stop doing this. 

When I learned this was true I had to double-check my calendar to make sure I hadn't traveled back in time to the 1950s
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE