News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Fauci Emails

Started by FL GMAN, June 04, 2021, 08:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL GMAN

Has the release of the Fauci emails changed your opinion of him and his statements on masks and virus origins?

MightyGiants

No, it confirmed my views about the right-wing propaganda/hate machine constantly attacking the truth and great Americans for their sinister ends, though.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

FL GMAN

What about the one where he said masks are ineffective, the virus is too small and will pass through?

MightyGiants

Quote from: FL GMAN on June 04, 2021, 08:59:35 AM
What about the one where he said masks are ineffective, the virus is too small and will pass through?

Speaking of right-wing slander, remember the woman you posted ugly dishonest hit piece on after she blew the whistle on the corrupt governor in Florida over his doctoring of the Covid numbers?

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2021/05/28/former-health-department-employee-rebekah-jones-granted-official-whistleblower-status/

Here's the thing, you post right-wing propaganda smearing and attacking good people.  Then you never walk it back when the truth comes out.  That is just plain wrong, and it's not a liberal or conservative thing, at least it shouldn't be.

You guys hit and run and never let the truth stand in the way of smearing good people and great Americans
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: FL GMAN on June 04, 2021, 08:59:35 AM

Of course, this smear by the right has been fact-checked and it's complete and utter anti-American BS

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/06/03/fact-check-missing-context-claim-mask-emails-fauci/7531267002/

QuoteOur ruling: Missing context
The claim that an email from Fauci proves he knew masks were ineffective at mitigating the spread of COVID-19 is MISSING CONTEXT, based on our research. Fauci sent the email on Feb. 5, 2020, more than a month before the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a worldwide pandemic. The understanding about the effectiveness of masks and guidance about wearing them evolved during the pandemic, as did Fauci
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

FL GMAN

Aren't these his emails? All I asked was do they change your opinion of the man and his public pronouncements.  I'm not talking about any stories written by others, just "his" emails.

MightyGiants

Quote from: FL GMAN on June 04, 2021, 09:30:48 AM
Aren't these his emails? All I asked was do they change your opinion of the man and his public pronouncements.  I'm not talking about any stories written by others, just "his" emails.

You made a false claim about what Fauci said about masks.   No doubt you were misinformed because of your love of consuming right-wing propaganda.    Frankly, I think consuming such false information designed to rile up your hatred, anger, and fear is a really poor life choice and something that goes against one's civic duty. 

I am curious, did you sit down and actually read all of the emails that were released?   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 04, 2021, 09:36:52 AM
You made a false claim about what Fauci said about masks.   No doubt you were misinformed because of your love of consuming right-wing propaganda.    Frankly, I think consuming such false information designed to rile up your hatred, anger, and fear is a really poor life choice and something that goes against one's civic duty. 

I am curious, did you sit down and actually read all of the emails that were released?

Another thread introduced into the political arena.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on June 04, 2021, 10:04:10 AM
Another thread introduced into the political arena.

This was a political thread from the get-go.  This is a non-story in the mainstream media.  It's a huge story in the right-wing propaganda machine where the right has twisted and distorted what was said in the emails beyond recognition.    So this thread was never introduced to politics it WAS politics
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 04, 2021, 09:00:23 AM

Speaking of right-wing slander, remember the woman you posted ugly dishonest hit piece on after she blew the whistle on the corrupt governor in Florida over his doctoring of the Covid numbers?

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2021/05/28/former-health-department-employee-rebekah-jones-granted-official-whistleblower-status/

Here's the thing, you post right-wing propaganda smearing and attacking good people.  Then you never walk it back when the truth comes out.  That is just plain wrong, and it's not a liberal or conservative thing, at least it shouldn't be.

You guys hit and run and never let the truth stand in the way of smearing good people and great Americans
Rich: Every one of your complaints (above) is applicable to both sides.

It is not fair for either side to "shout" libel and slander and then "whisper" a retraction (if any).

The laws in this country relating to libel and slander must be changed, and the U.S. Supreme Court's holding in New York Times v. Sullivan must be overturned.

Bob

PS. That is the case in which it was held that a plaintiff who is a "public figure" must prove "actual malice" in order to be entitled to sue for libel and/or slander. Although I am a "99.9% free-speech-er" I still believe (as I know you do) that there must be accountability for speech, no matter how free... and people who lie must pay a price (and an even greater price must be paid by those who disseminate the lies to vast audiences).
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 04, 2021, 10:09:15 AM
This was a political thread from the get-go.  This is a non-story in the mainstream media.  It's a huge story in the right-wing propaganda machine where the right has twisted and distorted what was said in the emails beyond recognition.    So this thread was never introduced to politics it WAS politics

He asked a question with no political overtones. Apparently your previous interactions compelled you to speculate an agenda. You could have simply answered the question without introducing "Right Wing Conspiracy" as his motive. If that was the case, eventually it would have come out. He however never posted an article link. As an observer, you jumped all over him and introduced it into a political discussion.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on June 04, 2021, 10:30:16 AM
He asked a question with no political overtones. Apparently your previous interactions compelled you to speculate an agenda. You could have simply answered the question without introducing "Right Wing Conspiracy" as his motive. If that was the case, eventually it would have come out. He however never posted an article link. As an observer, you jumped all over him and introduced it into a political discussion.

Ed,

Are you aware that smearing Anthony Fauci is a favorite political cause of the right these days?    I get my news from aggregators that bring me content from the right, mainstream, and left.  So I am fully aware of the purely political attacks on Anthony Fauci that involve misrepresenting emails.  The person that started the thread even posted one of the false claims (as my link shows) in this thread.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 04, 2021, 10:45:04 AM
Ed,

Are you aware that smearing Anthony Fauci is a favorite political cause of the right these days?    I get my news from aggregators that bring me content from the right, mainstream, and left.  So I am fully aware of the purely political attacks on Anthony Fauci that involve misrepresenting emails.  The person that started the thread even posted one of the false claims (as my link shows) in this thread.

Doesn
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on June 04, 2021, 10:10:04 AM
Rich: Every one of your complaints (above) is applicable to both sides.

It is not fair for either side to "shout" libel and slander and then "whisper" a retraction (if any).

The laws in this country relating to libel and slander must be changed, and the U.S. Supreme Court's holding in New York Times v. Sullivan must be overturned.

Bob

PS. That is the case in which it was held that a plaintiff who is a "public figure" must prove "actual malice" in order to be entitled to sue for libel and/or slander. Although I am a "99.9% free-speech-er" I still believe (as I know you do) that there must be accountability for speech, no matter how free... and people who lie must pay a price (and an even greater price must be paid by those who disseminate the lies to vast audiences).

Bob, you're enabling a political discussion. Now if you all want to open up the Back Porch again to get your fix, you have my support. Until then, let's stick to our own rules here.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE