News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How do you beat the heat

Started by MightyGiants, June 06, 2021, 02:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

What do you do on hot humid days to beat the heat?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

On very hot days I shower more frequently (two, and sometimes even three times a day instead of once). Even just a quick, 3-4 minute room temperature or cool rinse-off in the shower makes a difference.

Hydration is important. In serious heat I probably drink at least an extra liter of water a day on top of my normal 2.5 liters.

I don't mess around when it comes to AC and very hot weather. I try not to be too indulgent with air conditioning when it's just moderately warm, but when it's serious heat, I don't play games. Especially at bedtime. I can't sleep in a sweltering bedroom. In fact I like my bedroom to ideally be a couple degrees below room temperature (ideally 69 or 70 degrees).

LennG

First I have to say, I HATE SUMMER.

I HATE THE HEAT.

I am a cold-weather person, so once it gets hot, I retreat inside and do not reappear until Fall.   :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Seriously, I do hate the heat and if I don't have to go out when it is really hot, I don't. Last year was sort of a boom as the virus was all over, just gave me an excuse to stay in. I am not a beach person. I grew up on the beach as a child and have hated it ever since. I have stopped Umpiring during the summer because it is just too hot for me anymore. Our backyard is fully shaded so we spend as much time in the yard as possible, but when it is too humid, it is inside with every AC going.
As you do get older, the heat is an enemy, and one has to protect themselves as much as possible.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss