News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What is an ingredient that can ruin a dish?

Started by MightyGiants, June 06, 2021, 04:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

What is one ingredient that will ruin everything it touches?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 06, 2021, 04:58:20 PM
What is one ingredient that will ruin everything it touches?
Rich: Personally, I do not like any of the various dishes that are made with a white sauce (most of which are made with cream).  I do really like New England clam chowder, however, so go figure...  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

I can't stand when olives are cooked (particularly in a sauce). I don't mind olives by themselves when they're in a bowl on the table, but when they're sliced and cooked in food I find them gross.

Sem

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Green Beans.

I HATE them with a passion. Every time we go out to eat seems the 'other' veggie on the menu is Green Beans.  YUCK.

If we are talking about spice, I sort of like most spices, from medium, to hot to firey. Don't really know of a popular spice that I do not like.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bob In PA

The only food I cannot stand (which is not quite the question asked, but....) is red beets.  Because of the high iron content, they taste like dirt to me. Nonetheless, I love pickled eggs. Once again, go figure....   Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

jimv

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 06, 2021, 06:21:23 PM
for me it's coconut

I absolutely agree.  If there's just one piece of coconut in a food I can taste it & it spoils everything.  UGH!!!!

Jolly Blue Giant

I'm a lover of most vegetables so green beans, beets, and pretty much everything vegetable works for me including rutabaga which isn't a turnip by the way, no matter how many times people say it is...and turnips are awful as are radishes. I also just don't like brussels sprouts. No matter how much butter or creative sauces are used to disguise the taste, it doesn't work for me.

I also can't stand yams or any kind of sweet potato no matter how much brown sugar sauce and/or mini marshmallows are added or any other tool used to disguise the taste, I just can't do it. And "sweet potato fries", "sweet potato chips", etc., all suck as bad as the original potato/yam whatever.   :sick:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

Funny, my 3 kids all hate different things. Like one son hates mushrooms, ain't her hates green paper and my daughter hates squash, like zucchini. I used to make shish-kabob a lot on the grill with all the veggies and they literally traded them among each other, like I'll trade you 2 mushrooms for green pepper and so on. In the end, I had to eat whatever was leftover, but I enjoyed them all. (no string beans on my shish-kabob. )
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss