News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Milk

Started by DaveBrown74, June 20, 2021, 04:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

I'm not a big milk drinker these days, but I do consume it for coffee/tea and sometimes cereal (albeit I am eating cereal less and less these days).

For the past 20 years or so, I have always been a skim milk guy, but recently I have been trying out other types of milk such as oat milk and almond milk. I have not tried soy milk yet, and to be honest I'm not dying to. I am not lactose intolerant as far as I know, but reducing dairy intake does seem like a good idea as I get older, as dairy contributes to inflammation.

I'm curious, does anyone have a strong preference with some of these other milks? So far, from a taste perspective I prefer oat milk to almond milk, but I have read that oat milk has higher sugar content than almond milk (and regular milk), so I am not sure whether the health benefits are a net positive.

I have not done a great deal of work on this subject to be honest, and I do intend to read more, but I was curious if anyone had any strong or well-researched thoughts/recommendations on the subject.

LennG

We are big dairy eaters, but we really don't drink much milk. I use regularly, those favored creamers from my coffee and if we use milk it is always 1%, but we have gotten to use those Parmalat milks as they stay a lot longer. I have tried oat milk and it wasn't bad, probably, as you say, it had a sweeter taste. I don't like soy milk but we use it with meat dishes sometimes as we follow Kosher dietary laws and cannot mix milk and meat. Other than that, I don't like it.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

The amount of water that goes to Almond Farms in California is disproportionately obscene. As Forest Gump would say..."and that's all I have to say about that".
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

babywhales

Quote from: Ed Vette on June 22, 2021, 09:10:01 AM
The amount of water that goes to Almond Farms in California is disproportionately obscene. As Forest Gump would say..."and that's all I have to say about that".

Not to mention how hard it is to milk an almond, its almost impossible!
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S