News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Gas

Started by LennG, June 22, 2021, 10:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

WE are vacationing in Virginia right now, in the Shenandoah Mountain area.

When buying gas thru out most of the northeast, it is always 10% ethanol. Since we have been here,  I have filled up with gas that is all gas and no ethanol. Immediately I have noticed that I am getting much better gas mileage. I seem to be averaging about 5 miles more a gallon because of it.

Anyone else have experience with gas not ethanolized?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

Len,

There is more energy in a gallon of gasoline than in a gallon of alcohol.   So it makes sense that you are seeing better gas mileage
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

One thing I've learned the past few years is to always buy non-ethanol gas for all small engines (snow blowers, lawnmowers, power washers, generators, etc.). It makes a huge difference and I mean HUUUUGE (in honor and memory of Billy Fuccillo - may he RIP...huge football fan, played TE for SU for 4 years). The motors run like a charm compared to using ethanol laced gasoline.
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Sem

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on June 26, 2021, 08:44:00 AM
One thing I've learned the past few years is to always buy non-ethanol gas for all small engines (snow blowers, lawnmowers, power washers, generators, etc.). It makes a huge difference and I mean HUUUUGE (in honor and memory of Billy Fuccillo - may he RIP...huge football fan, played TE for SU for 4 years). The motors run like a charm compared to using ethanol laced gasoline.

I remember his commercials. "Huuuuuuuge!!"

LennG

Made it back yesterday. I drove about 400 miles, filled up before we left, and arrived home with still about 1/4 of a tank. I drive a Suburu Forrester which usually gets me about 28-30 MPG when traveling. Yesterday I averaged 36 MPG with the A/C running the entire way.

Just too bad I can't get non ethanol gas anywhere around where I am.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss