News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Unvaccinated people are "variant factories," infectious diseases expert says

Started by MightyGiants, July 03, 2021, 09:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: T200 on July 08, 2021, 11:42:24 AM
What if there is a legitimate reason for his not taking the vaccine, as in he has underlying medical conditions that could potentially be exacerbated by the vaccine, or worse, cause him to die?

In his particular case, the vaccine could be deadlier than the virus itself, hypothetically, of course.

Tim

For sure, we do not know if there are any underlying reasons for not getting the vaccine. BUT, like in your example, they have something different with their immune system, by God, they shouldn't be out in public without several masks and definitely not sitting INSIDE in a restaurant with no mask on. Who knows, as we have been saying, who is vaccinated and who is not. Doing what they're doing is like playing Russian Roulette with THEIR lives.

This goes way beyond some one civil rights. We have laws that prevent assisted suicide when someone may be terminal, but there is no law about some one, who MIGHT have a killer virus, being out in public, not know whom they could be infecting and killing. It's not OK to help some one die when they are already going to die, but it is OK to be out and maybe infect and kill strangers, just by being stubborn.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bill Brown

Something that hasn't been discussed on this topic (unless I missed it) is that there are thousands of people who had covid and now believe as many doctors believe that if you had covid you now have a natural immunity so don't think they need to get an additional vaccine.

I also find it interesting that people who have had the vaccine are concerned about sitting in a restaurant next to a table with people who have not been vaccinated. If you have been vaccinated and you believe that the vaccine works why are you worried?

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

MightyGiants

Quote from: ps11yat14 on July 12, 2021, 07:54:57 AM
Something that hasn't been discussed on this topic (unless I missed it) is that there are thousands of people who had covid and now believe as many doctors believe that if you had covid you now have a natural immunity so don't think they need to get an additional vaccine.

I also find it interesting that people who have had the vaccine are concerned about sitting in a restaurant next to a table with people who have not been vaccinated. If you have been vaccinated and you believe that the vaccine works why are you worried?

Bill

The brother of one of the guys I worked with believed the dangerous and false claims that you don't need the vaccine if you already had covid.   He got Covid a second time and now he is dead.

As for not wanting to sit next to a Covid variant factory at a restaurant, a bulletproof vest is great for protection.  However, it doesn't mean you would want to test out its protection by walking through a gunfight.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Sem

Quote from: ps11yat14 on July 12, 2021, 07:54:57 AM

My understanding - although your body does develop antibodies against Covid doctors were not certain how long that immunity might last, nor how strong the immunity actually is. Remember, Donald Trump had Covid and some time after he recovered he received the vaccine.

Bill, from everything we know the vaccine is not 100% effective at fighting Covid. I've been vaccinated but could still get it and be asymptomatic. My wearing a mask is just as much to protect me as it is to protect those who didn't receive a vaccine. Also, with the different variants popping up it's possible there will be one or more that is resistant to the vaccine.

Bill

MightyGiants

Sad but true

Matthew Gertz
@MattGertz
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

What you say is true, but once again, politics enters a good discussion.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Woody

All good points made but the choice for vaccination is a personnel one and as many as 50 % of medical staff in hospitals are not vaccinated and over half of the CDC staff is not as well.
Covid is not an automatic death sentence if contracted by an individual. There is still a 96.5 % or higher survival rate with covid.

MightyGiants

Quote from: LennG on July 12, 2021, 10:31:15 AM
What you say is true, but once again, politics enters a good discussion.

Funny, working in public health, that's how I feel about political propaganda stations like Fox "News" getting involved in a public health issue.   There are few mixtures as toxic or dangerous as mixing politics with health and public health.   We saw it when FOX news downplayed the threat, then they made wearing masks and practicing social distancing a bad thing, and now they are trying to keep the disease alive and kill people by campaigning against the vaccine.   

There was a time where politics and culture wars didn't enter every damn issue. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Woody on July 12, 2021, 10:54:42 AM
All good points made but the choice for vaccination is a personnel one and as many as 50 % of medical staff in hospitals are not vaccinated and over half of the CDC staff is not as well.
Covid is not an automatic death sentence if contracted by an individual. There is still a 96.5 % or higher survival rate with covid.

The political propaganda claim about the vaccination rate at the CDC is utterly false and was intended to kill as many Americans as possible. 

Here is the fact check (that has been around for months) that proves that claim was a political lie

REUTERS FACT CHECK
MAY 20, 202111:09 AMUPDATED 2 MONTHS AGO
Fact Check-Fauci, Marks did not say 40% to 50% of CDC and FDA employees are
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Woody

(null)
Sorry you are right it is only about 40% of cdc employees not 50 %

LennG

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 12, 2021, 11:06:20 AM
Funny, working in public health, that's how I feel about political propaganda stations like Fox "News" getting involved in a public health issue.   There are few mixtures as toxic or dangerous as mixing politics with health and public health.   We saw it when FOX news downplayed the threat, then they made wearing masks and practicing social distancing a bad thing, and now they are trying to keep the disease alive and kill people by campaigning against the vaccine.   

There was a time where politics and culture wars didn't enter every damn issue.

As I said, you are right in everything you say, but your rules say NO POLITICS and you have once again stepped over the line.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

Quote from: Woody on July 12, 2021, 11:35:57 AM
(null)
Sorry you are right it is only about 40% of cdc employees not 50 %
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Woody

Political spin by the media on both sides is prevalent on all networks today. So I fact checked what was being discussed and found the spin not to be as wildly distorted as you claimed it to be.
That

MightyGiants

Quote from: Woody on July 12, 2021, 02:31:53 PM
Political spin by the media on both sides is prevalent on all networks today. So I fact checked what was being discussed and found the spin not to be as wildly distorted as you claimed it to be.
That
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Woody

(null)
I  find it troubling that you are fear mongering every time you post on this topic by saying that unvaccinated people are trying to kill you. Or that people that don