News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Unvaccinated people are "variant factories," infectious diseases expert says

Started by MightyGiants, July 03, 2021, 09:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: Woody on July 14, 2021, 07:07:16 AM
(null)
I  find it troubling that you are fear mongering every time you post on this topic by saying that unvaccinated people are trying to kill you. Or that people that don
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

"In an informal analysis published on Medium, Meyerowitz-Katz compared the infection-fatality rates from influenza to several calculated around the world so far for COVID-19. Like COVID-19, influenza also has a high number of mild and asymptomatic infections. These cases are not accounted for in the majority of calculations of influenza severity made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which rely instead on hospitalizations. For the flu, doctors and hospitals are less concerned with mild cases that don

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on July 14, 2021, 10:11:43 AM
"In an informal analysis published on Medium, Meyerowitz-Katz compared the infection-fatality rates from influenza to several calculated around the world so far for COVID-19. Like COVID-19, influenza also has a high number of mild and asymptomatic infections. These cases are not accounted for in the majority of calculations of influenza severity made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which rely instead on hospitalizations. For the flu, doctors and hospitals are less concerned with mild cases that don
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

FL GMAN

I was shut down for asking if the release of Fauci emails changed your opinion of him and virus edicts, too political. This isn't political though, follow your rules.

katkavage

Get vaccinated or get sick. It's your choice and it has nothing to do with politics.

Sem

Quote from: katkavage on July 15, 2021, 05:12:45 PM
Get vaccinated or get sick. It's your choice and it has nothing to do with politics.
Well it sure as hell shouldn't!!  It both saddens and sickens me that there are those who feel otherwise.

Woody

It is clear that whatever I say will be interpreted by some as evil and twist my words to be those of the worst person on planet.
For the record I am vaccinated and would encourage everyone to get the vaccine as well. However, I believe that it is still a personal decision for people to get the vaccine or not and they have the right not be be vaccinated. Many people have had problems with the vaccine and some people feel more time is needed to see what side effects there may be with it. Studies have shown problems young men / boys having heart issues and I saw a mother last week testifying before a committee explaining the crippling of her daughter after receiving the second dose of the vaccine.
People need to get all the facts they can about covid and the vaccine and let them make decisions at that point about wether or not to get the vaccine now or at some point or not at all.
There is still much to learn about covid and how to treat it.
The vaccine is the best weapon to stop the spread right now.
But information from our Government agencies , the WhO and other medical sources change frequently and vary from group to group and time to time.
Bully me all you want

MightyGiants

Quote from: Woody on July 15, 2021, 06:25:33 PM
It is clear that whatever I say will be interpreted by some as evil and twist my words to be those of the worst person on planet.
For the record I am vaccinated and would encourage everyone to get the vaccine as well. However, I believe that it is still a personal decision for people to get the vaccine or not and they have the right not be be vaccinated. Many people have had problems with the vaccine and some people feel more time is needed to see what side effects there may be with it. Studies have shown problems young men / boys having heart issues and I saw a mother last week testifying before a committee explaining the crippling of her daughter after receiving the second dose of the vaccine.
People need to get all the facts they can about covid and the vaccine and let them make decisions at that point about wether or not to get the vaccine now or at some point or not at all.
There is still much to learn about covid and how to treat it.
The vaccine is the best weapon to stop the spread right now.
But information from our Government agencies , the WhO and other medical sources change frequently and vary from group to group and time to time.
Bully me all you want
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Woody

Truth is everyone that contracts covid does not die from it and you imply that not getting vaccinated are trying to kill you . Did you not say that ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MightyGiants

Quote from: Woody on July 15, 2021, 07:34:28 PM
Truth is everyone that contracts covid does not die from it and you imply that not getting vaccinated are trying to kill you . Did you not say that ?

TRUTH is that if you don't get vaccinated and you contract Covid you are putting other people's lives in danger because with every Covid infection this is a chance (be it a small one) of creating a new deadly variant.   There is also a chance you infect someone else who dies (they might even be vaccinated).    You can also infect people who have immune issues who are not helped all that much by the vaccine or children who can't be vaccinated.   

As a society, we are also on the hook for medical care and social support for those who are crippled by the disease.

I do not look kindly on those who are screwing everything up for refusing to be vaccinated.   I feel no sense of hyperbole when I call out the EVIL people of the right-wing propaganda machine who are spreading false information about the vaccine and downplaying the threat of Covid.

Anyone that believes that not taking the vaccine ONLY is affecting the individual doesn't understand the situation,

Here are two young men who probably wished they had listened to me instead of Woody

A 24-year-old Georgia man who was hesitant about getting vaccinated against Covid-19 underwent a double lung transplant after months in the hospital battling the virus. His mother urges people to protect themselves and get the shots.

"I just don't want anyone else to go through this. It's horrific," the woman, Cheryl Bargatze Nuclo, told NBC affiliate WXIA of Atlanta. "It's not worth all the pain it's going to cause you and your family."

Janelle Janatowski of Toledo said her 25-year-old son has been hospitalized for three months after he contracted the coronavirus at work.

Over the past several months, her son, Marcus Hartford, has undergone three operations, one of them to remove part of his right lung, Janatowski said in a phone interview Thursday. After having spent 81 days on an ECMO machine, he was finally removed from it on Tuesday.

Hartford remains on a ventilator and may have to undergo a double lung transplant if his left lung isn't able to do the work of the right one.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/horrific-2-unvaccinated-covid-patients-require-lung-transplant-partial-lung-n1274102
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Woody

Truth is not all of Fox News is telling people not to g vaccinated. In fact please give me an example. Most people have encouraged mask wearing an vaccinations when appropriate.
The major objection I see from them is that if people get vaccinated some government officials are requiring people to continue to wear masks. That is taking a major incentive to get vaccinated away.
I appreciate your work in health services . It cannot be easy these days, but saying people that wont get vaccinated are trying to kill others is a little extreme in my opinion.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Woody on July 15, 2021, 07:49:39 PM
Truth is not all of Fox News is telling people not to g vaccinated. In fact please give me an example. Most people have encouraged mask wearing an vaccinations when appropriate.
The major objection I see from them is that if people get vaccinated some government officials are requiring people to continue to wear masks. That is taking a major incentive to get vaccinated away.
I appreciate your work in health services . It cannot be easy these days, but saying people that wont get vaccinated are trying to kill others is a little extreme in my opinion.

Woody,

It's scary and dangerous how you and so many others are so detached from reality.  I can't believe that you wouldn't believe that FOX News and the right are lying and pushing anti-vax messages. It's like you are all in a cult.  Here WATCH this video (which I am sure you are going to claim is doctored).  Not that you can't explain it's where Trump was popular where people are not getting vaccinated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEJufOyAbis

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZEJufOyAbis" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Woody

Watched it ! Tucker Carlson and Shawn Hannity are opinion shows much like Rachael Maddox etc.
News  people/ shows during the day are much different and regularly seek opinions from people on both sides of an issue being discussed.
Have you ever watched Fox during the. Day or at all?
Or do you form your opinion of Fox and conservatives from CNN news clips?
I would encourage you to give Fox a try , during the day if possible.
Or record some shows . The Fox News shows I have seen all encourage people to get vaccinated, wear masks where required etc. As well as many Conservative politicians.
Although I am not sure CNN would report that .

MightyGiants

Quote from: Woody on July 15, 2021, 08:15:20 PM
Watched it ! Tucker Carlson and Shawn Hannity are opinion shows much like Rachael Maddox etc.
News  people/ shows during the day are much different and regularly seek opinions from people on both sides of an issue being discussed.
Have you ever watched Fox during the. Day or at all?
Or do you form your opinion of Fox and conservatives from CNN news clips?
I would encourage you to give Fox a try , during the day if possible.
Or record some shows . The Fox News shows I have seen all encourage people to get vaccinated, wear masks where required etc. As well as many Conservative politicians.
Although I am not sure CNN would report that .

So you are denying that FOX news is encouraging people not to get vaccinated even after you witnessed them doing exactly that with your own eyes and ears....  truly remarkable.   I weep for the future of my nation and the world.

I really don't know why I keep falling for it.  Woody called out my claims, I provided irrefutable proof and he still denied what I said.   I know you guys always challenge my actual facts and you guys will always ignore or deny the results when I meet the challenges you inevitably issue.   Yet over and over again I make the effort to support and prove what I say.

I remember reading somewhere that I should be appealing to your feelings, that facts are the enemy.  I am beginning to think they were right
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE