News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What 20 Famous Actors Looked Like in Their First Movie Roles

Started by LennG, July 09, 2021, 12:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Good ones.

Men are fortunate in that, on average, they seem to age better than women from a purely physical perspective. In the cases of these actors, it probably doesn't hurt that most if not all of them are very rich.

Jolly Blue Giant

Some were interesting - especially Liam Neeson who looked like the class nerd.

Unrelated (don't want to sabotage the thread) concerning Hollywood looks that makes me laugh. This is a true story. Hollywood was looking for a double for Charlie Chaplin and had a contest for people who thought they could look enough like him to be his double. Charlie himself (unbeknownst to the people running the contest) entered the fray and came in 3rd! LMAO

I've never seen pictures of the two men who looked more like Chaplin than Chaplin himself, but I'd love to see them.

Charlie Chaplin with and without makeup and costume:

Of course, without his iconic mustache, hair, cane, and hat - he doesn't look a whole lot like the character he played if and when he wanted to go incognito. To me, the downside of being famous is that you could never go out in public like a normal person where people had no clue who you were. I love going places and fitting in where no one knows me - or cares. Privacy is a wonderful, wonderful thing IMO. I always thought the guys in the band "Kiss" were smart to make their millions while hiding their looks behind a ton of makeup. Smart...very smart!

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: