News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Quick question re: Kadarius Toney

Started by Bob In PA, July 22, 2021, 12:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

The "look-at-me" media has nothing better to talk about.   I don't know about all of you but as a Giants fan I choose to ignore them.  The don't deserve my patronage. 

Toney's shoe didn't fit... my feet aren't the same size either... the problem has now been solved.  He had a minor injury... these things happen in pro sports... now the injury is healed. 

His lawyer told him not to go to voluntary camps until his contract was signed... the vast majority of NFL players receive the same legal advice... almost all of them follow it.

He recorded a rap video...  would you rather he goes out to a nightclub and shoots himself in the foot?  I can't think of a better way to stay out of trouble than to stay home.

Judge this guy by his contributions on the field.  That day will come soon enough and then we can with justification criticize his routes, his drops, his mental errors, etc., rather nit-pick his personal life.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 23, 2021, 09:37:41 AM
The "look-at-me" media has nothing better to talk about.   I don't know about all of you but as a Giants fan I choose to ignore them.  The don't deserve my patronage. 

Tone's shoe didn't fit... my feet aren't the same size either... the problem has now been solved.  He had a minor injury... these things happen in pro sports... now the injury is healed. 

His lawyer told him not to go to voluntary camps until his contract was signed... the vast majority of NFL players receive the same legal advice... almost all of them follow it.

He recorded a rap video...  would you rather he goes out to a nightclub and shoots himself in the foot?  I can't think of a better way to stay out of trouble than to stay home.

Judge this guy by his contributions on the field.  That day will come soon enough and then we can with justification criticize his routes, his drops, his mental errors, etc., rather nit-pick his personal life.

Bob

Bob,

I don't think that the media is somehow the villain in all of this.  As for judging Toney on his contributions on the field, I think every fan would love to do so.  The problem is Toney hasn't given us the opportunity.   Also, the players are not advised to avoid OTAs until their contracts are signed.   Most get insurance against injury and with the rookie wage scale in place, there is little to no risk for the rookies, especially the higher round picks.

I get it though, no single incident with Toney is that significant.   It just feels like we are facing a death by a thousand cuts.   There is still a good chance we will be looking back at all these little issues months from now with amusement.   There unfortunately is also a chance that they could be indication of bad things to come.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 23, 2021, 09:37:41 AM

Tone's shoe didn't fit... my feet aren't the same size either... the problem has now been solved.  He had a minor injury... these things happen in pro sports... now the injury is healed. 

Bob
Bob

Amazing point and well written.

How pathetic is it that this kid has done NOTHING WRONG and fans and the media are getting all hot and bothered and lathered up over what is truly NOTHING!

This is an absolute knee jerk reaction because of some recent history we have had and fans are paranoid and the media (because it is quiet and slow) needs a story so they are making mountains out of mole hills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Fire

No we shouldn't judge him yet and he could easily get past all these 'little' things that have come up. We'll see...but he has undoubtedly missed a lot of development /practice time which is unfortunate.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

TDToomer

Is it true that Toney is an anti-vaxer? I read that he retweeted some of Cole Beasley's BS propaganda.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Trench

This guy is a bit of a distraction

Bob In PA

Quote from: Slugs Narrows on July 23, 2021, 09:51:28 AM
Bob

Amazing point and well written.

How pathetic is it that this kid has done NOTHING WRONG and fans and the media are getting all hot and bothered and lathered up over what is truly NOTHING!

This is an absolute knee jerk reaction because of some recent history we have had and fans are paranoid and the media (because it is quiet and slow) needs a story so they are making mountains out of mole hills.

Slugs: Yeah, I forgot to mention that he's not in jail or charged with committing a crime, nor has he violated any team rules or done anything other than live his life while awaiting a chance to get on the field.  Bob

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 23, 2021, 09:57:04 AM
Slugs: Yeah, I forgot to mention that he's not in jail or charged with committing a crime, nor has he violated any team rules or done anything other than live his life while awaiting a chance to get on the field.  Bob
Exactly

If the shoes fit and he has a great practice it

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Trench on July 23, 2021, 09:56:55 AM
This guy is a bit of a distraction

He seems like more of a ghost than a distraction at this point.

We don't know that much though. And I am largely in Bob's camp at this stage, just basically because I am generally a believer in innocent until proven guilty. I don't like to just assume the worst about people. With that said I do understand why some are concerned. And I myself would have preferred that his transition to life as a Giant would have been more seamless to this point than it has been.

If Toney is in fact displaying a bad attitude or a general lack of hunger, I hope that Judge is not taking a soft approach with him. Coughlin was notably harsh with rookies. He was old school that way. I hope Judge is reading him the riot act and threatening to bench him for a long time or possibly even get rid o him if he is not diplaying the right attitude. We don't know that that has been the case though. We are all working off pretty incomplete information at this point.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: TDToomer on July 23, 2021, 10:07:13 AM
If he selfishly refused to get vaccinated than we can and will judge him for that thank you.
Ignorant people would sure

Bob In PA

Quote from: TDToomer on July 23, 2021, 10:07:13 AM
If he selfishly refused to get vaccinated than we can and will judge him for that thank you.

TD: It's none of your business whether he got vaccinated or not.  Who are you to judge what he does with his body?  Or do you believe you also have the right to tell a woman whether or not to get an abortion?  Bob

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Bob In PA on July 23, 2021, 10:17:52 AM
TD: It's none of your business whether he got vaccinated or not.  Who are you to judge what he does with his body?  Or do you believe you also have the right to tell a woman whether or not to get an abortion?  Bob

DaveBrown74

You guys have to admit, it's amusing that conservatives are now adopting the "my body my choice" line of reasoning in support of the anti-vaxers after decades of opposing that very viewpoint with their own anti-abortion view.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 23, 2021, 10:33:39 AM
You guys have to admit, it's amusing that conservatives are now adopting the "my body my choice" line of reasoning in support of the anti-vaxers after decades of opposing that very viewpoint with their own anti-abortion view.
And it