News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Pink Floyd versus Led Zeppelin

Started by DaveBrown74, August 04, 2021, 01:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sem

FL GMAN

One thing I found from my younger days was that seeing the band live could dramatically change your opinion. Floyd developed an incredible light show for their concerts that was copied but never duplicated. You don't get that impact unless you're at a show. Another example, for me, was the Allman Brothers. I saw them at the Fillmore east in 1970. They were the last show open to the public at the venue and my friends and I were determined to go. We didn't know anything about the ABB and thought Bill Graham blew it as there were so many more and in our limited view, better bands. It ended up being the greatest show I have ever seen and I regards Duane Allman as one of the greatest rock guitarists in history. I don't know if I would have felt this way had I not seen them. Any way you slice it Floyd and Zeppelin are 2 of the iconic bands in classic rock.

tomeee

Pink Floyd to answer the OP question.

Grateful Dead

Marshall Tucker Band

Allman Bros

Outlaws

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Santana

Neil Young

Jackson Brown

I can go on and on. I have seen literally 100's of concerts inclding all of the above

DaveBrown74

Quote from: tomeee on September 23, 2021, 04:16:01 PM
Pink Floyd to answer the OP question.

Grateful Dead

Marshall Tucker Band

Allman Bros

Outlaws

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Santana

Neil Young

Jackson Brown

I can go on and on. I have seen literally 100's of concerts inclding all of the above

Great list.

No Doobie Bros?

LennG

Doobie Brothers were just on Jimmy Kimmel the other day. Even I like them.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss