News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Stupid is as stupid does

Started by LennG, August 12, 2021, 11:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: Woody on August 12, 2021, 09:17:54 PM
There have been 210,000 crossings in July alone and by border patrol reports little testing until they are sent to local towns etc.
pay attention to something besides the MSM. They refuse to tell the American people the truth about the border crisis. But it is real and spreading covid all over the country as 10 to 20 % (at least ) have tested positive. Along with 80 border patrol officers in the last two weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just one day of just one governor from yours, Jimmyz's, and JimVs creates more death and Covid than decades of immigrant crossings.     The fact that the three of you are defending the terrible killer responses by your governors speaks volumes about your values and explains why our nation is doing so poorly in areas controlled by Republicans.

It's ironice that you guys used to bill your party as the "party of personal responsibility".     Now you should call it the "what about" party.

Like Trump said he (and I now believe his entire party) he could shot a man on 5th avenue in broad daylight and you would still support him (and the GOP).   Hell, not only would you support him, you would be pointing at screaming how the Democrats are not picking up the body and cleaning the blood fast enough
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

While I know a lot of people want to focus on the less than 1 immigrant a day that comes over the boarder, this is more important to me

ttps://www.thedailybeast.com/coronavirus-kills-4-teachers-in-one-day-in-broward-county-school-district?ref=home

COVID Kills 4 Teachers in One Day in Same Florida School District
CLASSROOM CALAMITY
Blake Montgomery, Reporter/Editor
Published Aug. 12, 2021 10:53PM ET

Four Florida teachers working in the same school district died of COVID-19 within one day of each other this week.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Woody on August 12, 2021, 09:11:00 PM
(null)
You have bad info my friend. Democrat Mayors and all can testify to the crisis on the Border. one town had 700 cases in two weeks. Check your sources you are wrong about the border issue. It is a super spreader by anyone
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

squibber

I just want to say that I tuned into the Hannity show a few days ago to see what he was discussing. He was discussing COVID, the border, masks and Fauci.  I researched his claims and found he made several false and misleading claims.

I know. CNN is dubious too. I just want to say we are being fed BS from both sides. It is sad that the least biased news outlet isn

MightyGiants

Quote from: squibber on August 13, 2021, 09:00:06 AM
I just want to say that I tuned into the Hannity show a few days ago to see what he was discussing. He was discussing COVID, the border, masks and Fauci.  I researched his claims and found he made several false and misleading claims.

I know. CNN is dubious too. I just want to say we are being fed BS from both sides. It is sad that the least biased news outlet isn
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Woody

We are not talking about immigrants that come here legally.  If you don

MightyGiants

Quote from: Woody on August 13, 2021, 09:55:16 AM
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

This stupidity, is getting out of hand

Parent attacks teacher after mask dispute on first day of school in California district, official says
The teacher suffered "lacerations on his face, some bruising on his a face and a pretty good knot on the back of his head," the Amador County Unified School District superintendent said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/parent-attacks-teacher-after-mask-dispute-first-day-school-california-n1276736

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Quote from: Woody on August 13, 2021, 09:55:16 AM
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Woody

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimv

If you want to know what is really stupid...it's talking politics like we are here.  Nobody's mind will ever be changed.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on August 13, 2021, 02:58:07 PM
If you want to know what is really stupid...it's talking politics like we are here.  Nobody's mind will ever be changed.

Jim

You are correct. I did my darndest to start the thread and reply to it without mention of a political party, just about a really stupid governor who doesn't want to protect his people from the virus, yet, when it threatens to annihilate people in his state he is crying for help.

I can't say who brought politics into this, although, my initial post borders on it, it wasn't the thought I was trying to bring.

I agree, can't we simply keep it about the virus and the way some view the seriousness of it.

Jim, I know your views on things, I would like to know how you feel about making masks mandatory for school-age kids who can't get a vaccine just yet? That was my point, here was a governor who tells Texans they cannot mandate mask-wearing or they will be punished. Just my opinion, but that is just pretty stupid, especially when it comes to children.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Lenny, if I would hear common thoughts on the use of masks by children, I'd agree.  But, the so-called "experts" are talking all over the place. ~X( ~X( ~X(

MightyGiants

Putting aside the political BS and false talking points being pushed by the right.

Children are required by law to attend schools.   As such, we as a society have a moral and ethical obligation to protect them while they are in school.  The only way we can protect the kids (and the teachers) is with mask and vaccine mandates.   That is the cold harsh reality.     

Kids by their nature are less than ideal mask wearers, so it's most effective if they are all masked up.

Vaccines work and the staff and the children should be vaccinated. 

Yet, school boards cave over handfuls of ignorant angry parents who declare they have a right to have their little Johnny or Suzy infect others at the school. 

There is non-scientific BS that claims masks don't work.  Masks work, that is a fact and I don't care what nonsense you try to peddle to the contrary.    Surgical masks are not difficult to wear and certainly can be tolerated by all but the tiniest minority of children.

We need a society and a country that is governed by intelligence, knowledge, and reason.    Instead, we are seeing children, teachers, and others sickened and killed because people put politics ahead of doing the right thing.    As Lenny said, stupid is as stupid does.   

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE