News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Walking Dead--the final season

Started by LennG, September 04, 2021, 01:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

So it's back, our favorite (or not so favorite) show to either like or knock. I think we can all agree that the time to end this series has long passed but now it is finally here. I believe they will have a longer season to end it, so let's get to it.

I rewatched the last episode from last season just to get back up to speed and I have watched the first 2 episodes of this new season.

I will comment as I would think anyone reading has seen them. If not, back off as I will give away info.

Thru 2 episodes I feel it is better than it has been for a couple of years. There is a lot of action, and the usual hijinx, but overall it has been better than I expected. Don't get me wrong, everything isn't peachy as they still spend just too much time on things that have basically no consequence.

I feel the main thing that has made this new and final season so interesting is the Maggie/Negan confrontation. Maggie came back and Negan had been sort of the 'hero', if we can use that word. he killed Alpha and saved many lives in doing so. As I have said all thru his time on TWD, when he is on screen the entire show perks up, when he is not, then things just lag.
So now we have Negan and Maggie (and others) going out to save their whatever and the bitterness that Maggie feels is there. How can anyone blame her after all he killed Glen, her husband, in cold blood. If I were she, no matter what, I could never forgive him. But Negan can talk, and talk his way out of many things. When he turned his back on Maggie and walked away, I said, how the hell is he going to talk his way out of this one, but he does. --So far, good storyline and lots of great action.
If I have to quibble, when they are killing the walkers in the subway car, and more and more keep coming. You would think there would be a pile of them so big that the others would have to work a bit to get past them. They have had to kill at last 40-50 of them yet they just keep coming as if no one was in front of them.

AND we find out that the walkers' sleep, even cover themselves up to be comfortable.  :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

As for Eugene and company and the Star Wars rejects, who knows where that is going, but I have always enjoyed Eugene's character so I'll hold off judgment on that part.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I am now 4 episodes into this final season, and I will still stick to what I said before, I think this last season is a lot better than any previous one since Rick left. Again, I allude to Negan and Maggie as the main reason why. Their conflicts, physical and psychological, to me, are what we have been waiting for since began first entered the show and did away with Glen. We have a new villain, but these past two episodes didn't even show what Eugene and his crew are doing. That is still a sore point for me. Every show should, at the very least, give us a glimpse as to what most of the major cast is doing. Not to even mention them is what separated good shows from great ones.

anyway, I am enjoying this last season so far.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

From what I'm reading there are just 3 episodes left for this year and the rest of the season will be aired in 2022. I'm not happy about that.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 21, 2021, 10:44:26 AM
From what I'm reading there are just 3 episodes left for this year and the rest of the season will be aired in 2022. I'm not happy about that.

This is what I found on the internet

According to AMC, Season 11 will be its longest yet with 24 episodes spread across the next two years, partly to lay the groundwork for a new spin-off series starring fan favorites Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride in their roles as Daryl Dixon and Carol Peletier.

There will be 24 episodes in total - airing weekly. However, there will be two mid-season breaks as it has been confirmed that the series will be screened in three eight episode blocks across the next two years.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on September 21, 2021, 11:59:31 AM
This is what I found on the internet

According to AMC, Season 11 will be its longest yet with 24 episodes spread across the next two years, partly to lay the groundwork for a new spin-off series starring fan favorites Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride in their roles as Daryl Dixon and Carol Peletier.

There will be 24 episodes in total - airing weekly. However, there will be two mid-season breaks as it has been confirmed that the series will be screened in three eight episode blocks across the next two years.

The show had a commercial that there were just 3 episodes left this year.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 21, 2021, 12:35:54 PM
The show had a commercial that there were just 3 episodes left this year.

they have shown 5 already, so 3 more will fit into their plan for airing 24 shows in 8-week segments to conclude in 2022.

Charlie Weiss