News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Now you know why we are where we are

Started by LennG, September 05, 2021, 01:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Lenny, I know John Coleman and, as a matter of fact, I was the NWS representative that helped him set up Weather Channel.  I can't say that I disagree with him.

LennG

Then I feel sorry for you and the others who believe this drivel. PLUS, I feel sorry for the rest of this country as we are going down a deep and dark path by not believing what your eyes tell you.

We are seeing 'once in a lifetime storms hit every few years now. In NYC we set a record for most rainfall in one hour a couple of weeks ago. The old record stood for over 100 years. The new record stood for 10 days as this last storm almost doubled the 'old' record.

Really Jim, if you can't believe your eyes, your ears, and your knowledge of climate, I really feel sorry for the future generations on this earth.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bob In PA

Len: To different people, the words "climate change" mean different things.  I'll bet if you asked him a few questions, you would find that he agrees with you on at least several aspects of the issue, though not all.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

The argument that the only reason there is a scientific consensus is because all the scientists have been paid off by the government sounds like QAnon type stuff to me.

LennG

Quote from: Bob In PA on September 05, 2021, 04:44:01 PM
Len: To different people, the words "climate change" mean different things.  I'll bet if you asked him a few questions, you would find that he agrees with you on at least several aspects of the issue, though not all.  Bob

Ha Bob. Jim and I agree on many things, also disagree on several, this being one of them. I'm sure if we put peddle to the metal, we would agree on several factors. But this guy, just because he owns the Weather Channel, should stick to ownership and not into science. Could this 'theory' (conspiracy) be the next 'BIG LIE'?

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

It frustrating to see an old man lie to help destroy our planet.  The old man died before having to face the terrible effects of his lies about climate change really started to manifest themselves.    I just finished cleaning up my basement of water that was the result of this man and others like him lying and denying the existence of global warming. 

John Coleman called himself a "scientist"

In what world does this qualify one as a "scientist"

Coleman in November 2007
Born   John Stewart Coleman[1]
October 15, 1934
Alpine, Texas, U.S.
Died   January 20, 2018 (aged 83)
Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.
Alma mater   University of Illinois
Bachelors in Journalism, 1957

Occupation   Journalist / Television Weatherman
Years active   1953
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

I know Jim has always stated his disagreement with the Global Warming trend and Climate change in particular.

I would like to pose this to him and to anyone else that really doesn't buy into it--WHY?

What won't you believe it when it is happening right under our noses every day with the most unusual weather many have ever seen..

https://weather.com/news/climate/news/2021-07-22-americas-hottest-summer-2021

this was the hottest summer in the history of weather. That said if you scroll down you see where it says this was the hottest June in 127 years, and it does say that the summer will not be the hottest on record. They were wrong, it was beating out the summers of the Dust Bowl.

We are seeing not just a warm summer every so often, it is happening with so much regularity that you just can't say it isn't because of global warming and climate change. We are seeing heat weaves that are supposed to occur once in a lifetime, occurring year after year. We are seeing rainfall in amounts that are once in 100 years but are happening 2 times every year, same for the drought. Yes, weather patterns do change all the time but when it is a continual warming trend, each and every year, for so long now, when storms are so much more powerful and those once in a lifetime events are happening all the time, I would like to know why anyone who is against it, IS against it. Why are you not believing your eyes?  Help me understand this nonbelief.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Lenny, I never denied "Global Warming" or so-called "Climate Change" that's being used now.  IMO< that is definitely happening.  I just don't agree with the political calling for major interference by humans.  During periods like we're going through, one of the effects is major swings in weather conditions & extreme events.  And, more importantly such "changes" in climate have been going on for thousands of year.  Conditions that we're undergoing now could be commonplace during the changes; it's just that no one was there to see them.