News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

France has recalled its Ambassador to the United States

Started by Bob In PA, September 17, 2021, 06:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Bob In PA

To anticipate a question, my point in posting this topic is to call attention to a very unusual occurrence, which may indicate some sort of communication breakdown between our two countries.  Bob

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bob In PA

Len: It took me half a day to figure out what you mean, but I get it now.  I'm not putting these items up for discussion and have no intention of discussing them at all. 

Neither original post contained much more than than the link.  During football season (at least) my posts on the Front Porch are for "informational" purposes only, in case they escaped anyone's attention. 

Think about it.  FRANCE is withdrawing their ambassador to the United States???  That's something we do to third-world (or terrorist) countries as a "slap-in-the-face."  It's weird, IMO newsworthy, and not to be missed.

Bob

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on September 17, 2021, 11:29:58 PM
Len: It took me half a day to figure out what you mean, but I get it now.  I'm not putting these items up for discussion and have no intention of discussing them at all. 

Neither original post contained much more than than the link.  During football season (at least) my posts on the Front Porch are for "informational" purposes only, in case they escaped anyone's attention. 

Think about it.  FRANCE is withdrawing their ambassador to the United States???  That's something we do to third-world (or terrorist) countries as a "slap-in-the-face."  It's weird, IMO newsworthy, and not to be missed.

Bob

Bob,

We are more than capable of deciding what is and isn't important as well as keeping up with what is going on in the world.   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 18, 2021, 07:46:53 AM
Bob,

We are more than capable of deciding what is and isn't important as well as keeping up with what is going on in the world.   

Rich: Regarding the vast majority of our members, I assume all stories have been seen.  We have a very well informed membership, IMO.

The few items I post here have gotten a decidedly muted amount of "play" in the media compared to major news stories.

In addition to my daily DVR scanning of TV "news" channels, which I have mentioned previously, I also follow daily and weekly polls that indicate which issues are in (and not in) the public eye.

Anything I put here either has not received "major news headline" coverage -or- it has been given a "one-off" and I believe it is worthy of mentioning once more.

It just so happens that there were two such stories this week.  This week was chock full of big stories (on a scale seldom seen), and I thought these two may have gotten lost in the shuffle.

Bob