News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

La Brea TV Series

Started by squibber, September 29, 2021, 04:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie

Is anybody besides me still watching?
I think with last night's episode the show is starting to get a little goofy. There are still some points to keep me interested, but some things just have me shaking my head now. I don't want to spoil it for anyone else, so if you haven't seen episode 4 yet, stop reading.

****Potential spoilers*****

I know this is Sci-Fi / Fantasy stuff and I have to suspend belief on some things, but
I thought it was ridiculous that 6 people could walk into a strange compound, be standing just inside the gate and when the folks that lived in the compound came back about 10 people fired arrows at the 6 and not one of the intruders got hit. The archers didn't even come within 10 feet of them.
I also found it hard to believe that those same 6 people could be in an unfamiliar place and out maneuver those that lived there to get away.

Back in present day L.A. What are the odds that the scientist lady and an exact replica of the rescue plane in her private hanger which she built and paid for all by herself??

And lastly, I may be mistaken on this but I could swear when the main female, Eve got dropped into the sink hole and for the entire first two episodes, she was wearing some green slacks and regular shoes. Now she somehow has on jeans and hiking boots! Did I miss something somewhere, where did she get the change of clothes from??

Anyway, I'll still be watching as there is enough to keep me interested up to this point, but I thought episode 4 was the weakest yet.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Ed Vette

Turned out to be a pretty good show. Still engaged.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

ozzie

Me too, Ed. But like I said, for me, some of it is getting silly. I do like that it seems each episode they throw in some twist to keep you guessing.
I have to admit, I don't really find the Dad back in L.A. and the scientist lady he's working with to be very believable. I can't put my finger on it, but those two characters just don't do it for me. Maybe they're just not very good actors, I don't know.
Every time they flash back up to present day L.A., I'm wishing they would just stay with the folks in the rift and let us follow their story exclusively.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Ed Vette

Sometimes I see past the imperfections to enjoy the meat of it. There is some middling acting and some silly scenes and lines but the storyline has been interesting so far. Now they are dealing with the temporal timeline and hopefully they do it well.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin