News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Guns and Dumb Girlfriends

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, October 02, 2021, 09:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

This could go down as one of the top 10 list of the yearly "Darwin Awards", but doesn't qualify because no one died or whose last words were, "watch this". There should be a secondary award to stupid people when they don't die...like the guy who used a .22 bullet in lieu of a fuse in his pickup and ended up shot in the leg as he drove away or the guy in a lawn chair and dozens of of helium balloons and a BB gun to shoot them one at a time to come back to earth, but was jettisoned so quickly when the tether was cut that it made him drop his BB gun.

Anyway, any of you who have (or have had) a handgun with laser sights know that to activate the laser, you press the back of the grip with the palm of your hand. You never have your finger on the trigger (obviously) because you are squeezing your hand that is holding the gun and the squeezing motion will inadvertently cause you to also put pressure on the trigger.

The story: A guy left his loaded handgun at his apartment. While away, his girlfriend who had stopped by, picked it up and realized it had a laser site when the handgun grip was squeezed. So she decided to use the laser to play with the cat and get it to chase the uncatchable red dot - something we've all done with a 5 dollar laser pen - not a thousand dollar handgun. Her boyfriend came home and stepped into the room and apparently, she decided it would be funny (if not hilarious) to make the cat chase the red dot onto his crotch. You guessed...she had her hand on the trigger while squeezing the grip and shot the sorry dude in the groin. He lived. They are no longer together.

Storal of the morey: lock up your handguns and don't let your girlfriend get her hands on it unless you are at a gun range teaching her the proper way to handle and shoot a handgun! Even better advice: never let anyone touch your handgun period!
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

There's Defense Ready and there's storage. He left it laying around with the Magazine loaded and the gun cocked with one in the chamber. Even if it's a concealed carry State, he shouldn't leave his holster laying around. So he's the dumbass too.

I see a lot of women at the range here in NJ. Mostly learning or being taught by fathers and husbands/boyfriends but some women on their own or teaching their daughters.

Unfortunately Linda couldn't make it past the second door as the noise scared the crap out of her. I don't know if I can get her back. In this day and age, I think everyone should know how to handle a firearm.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Maybe she WAs aiming at what she wanted to hit.

Modern-day Laraine Bobbitt
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss