News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

one of his most tear-jerking songs of all time

Started by MightyGiants, October 04, 2021, 07:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Dubbed as the saddest video in history, Hurt by Johnny Cash can still bring tears to every listener
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

I think my personal love of Johnny Cash (for reasons beyond his music) makes the song more touching than if someone else was singing it. In the video, Johnny looks old, spent, and sad - that's heart wrenching in itself. Quick trivia for anyone interested: Johnny Cash always wore black as his personal protest to how the American Native Indians have been treated in this country. I guess that made him a bit of an activist.

I've always gotten a frog in my throat when Garth Brooks' song "The Dance" is played - and that in spite of the fact that I was not a fan of JFK (although, by today's standards I'd absolutely love him in politics, but I digress) and not a big fan of John Wayne. Was a big fan of MLK Jr. and the Challenger crew though. I didn't know about Lane Frost when he was killed by a bull, but understand those who a rodeo buffs were horrified, just like with NASCAR fans when Dale Earnhardt was killed at Daytona or movie buffs when they heard the news about Robin Williams.

Still - the words of the song cut to the heart and Garth has an eerie melancholy tone that brings out the true words of the song - the video just is icing on the cake. Nuther bit of trivia: "The Dance" is regularly played at funerals coming in second only to "Amazing Grace".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghsgEGBafyU
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: