News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Lone Ranger

Started by Bob In PA, October 08, 2021, 05:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

Go to this website to discover what late-night TV was like back in the good old days.  LOL

It's Jay Thomas (most people don't know who he was, may he rest in peace) on David Letterman's show telling a true personal story about Clayton Moore... the Lone Ranger. 

https://www.google.com/search?channel=tus5&client=firefox-b-1-d&q=lone+ranger+david+letterman

Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

LennG

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 08, 2021, 05:04:30 PM
Go to this website to discover what late-night TV was like back in the good old days.  LOL

It's Jay Thomas (most people don't know who he was, may he rest in peace) on David Letterman's show telling a true personal story about Clayton Moore... the Lone Ranger. 

https://www.google.com/search?channel=tus5&client=firefox-b-1-d&q=lone+ranger+david+letterman

Bob

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Funny story...LOL

I'll have to remember the term "herbed up"  :laugh:

My Dad's favorite show growing up was the Lone Ranger (on the radio of course as there was no such thing as TV back then). Dad used to tell me, "you know how to tell if you have class or not Richard?"...and I'd say, "how's that?" He said, "if you can hear the William Tell Overture without thinking about the Lone Ranger, you must have class...LOL.

I lost my father a few weeks ago and I miss him
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on October 09, 2021, 09:42:59 AM
Funny story...LOL

I'll have to remember the term "herbed up"  :laugh:

My Dad's favorite show growing up was the Lone Ranger (on the radio of course as there was no such thing as TV back then). Dad used to tell me, "you know how to tell if you have class or not Richard?"...and I'd say, "how's that?" He said, "if you can hear the William Tell Overture without thinking about the Lone Ranger, you must have class...LOL.

I lost my father a few weeks ago and I miss him
Jolly: My condolences on your loss.  What he told you was funny... and absolutely right!  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

ozzie

I'm so sorry to hear that, Jolly. My sincerest condolences.
You dad sounded like a smart man.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

jimv

My condolences on your loss, Jolly.

Jolly Blue Giant

Thanks guys. I haven't shared my loss publicly so I've been kind of quiet on here lately. But now that it's out, I'd like to pass on some of his life.

He grew up in a small house built by his father and uncle that had one light and one outlet. He had an outhouse and pumped water from the ground to bring into the house. He went to a one-room school house. At 16, he lied his age to get into WWII - got caught and was sent home where he returned to school (now a real school with real classrooms). At 17, the legal age, he joined the Navy and assigned to the Seabees where he was a crane operator unloading Liberty ships at the island of New Caledonia. On his 18th birthday, he got a letter from home. Expecting birthday greetings, instead is was a newspaper clipping of his brother who was killed in action at Po Valley. After the Japanese surrendered, he was immediately sent to Sasebo near Nagasaki where he spent the next year. He was then discharged and went home and went back to school and graduated at 20 years old (for which I am proud of him for that). He then went to Cornell, but with the Korean War heating up, he went back into the service and was made a Boatswain Mate on the battleship USS New Jersey. While the Jersey was being retrofitted in Brooklyn, my father would grab a train and return to Binghamton on weekends where he met my mother. They fell in love and got married just before he left for Korea. They were married over 70 years and led a storybook life. Together they traveled the world and did many great things. They went to Israel 16 times in 20 years (my sister lives there), rode air boats across the Everglades, rode in a glider in San Diego where my Dad took over controls, rode hot air balloons, took a train from Rome and ended up at M

LennG

Ric

Sorry for your loss. It is always hard to lose someone you loved so much. Your Dad lived a great life and I'm sure was very proud of you as his son. I know it's easy to say and hard to do, but enjoy the memories, they will bring you pleasure later in your life.

Believe me when I say we share your grief. Our deepest condolences.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on October 09, 2021, 11:41:07 AM
Ric

Sorry for your loss. It is always hard to lose someone you loved so much. Your Dad lived a great life and I'm sure was very proud of you as his son. I know it's easy to say and hard to do, but enjoy the memories, they will bring you pleasure later in your life.

Believe me when I say we share your grief. Our deepest condolences.

Thanks Lenn

Ed Vette

I'm sorry for your loss, Ric.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant