News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

next big cyberthreat isn't ransomware. It's KILLWARE

Started by brownelvis54, October 12, 2021, 12:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Scary stuff. Its long been said a war between Russia, China and USA would never happen because neither side would truly win. Destruction across the world would be devastating for the " victor"  and I tend to agree. War in a tradition sense is long gone to the super powers of the planet...cyberwarfare is the way wars between the big dogs is happening now and I believe will only get worse. A country could bring another country down on its knees by killing the power grid of another nation....depending on the attack...it could set a country back to the early 1900's. Cut the power supply and  sit back and watch your enemy fight itself. Covid -19 turned us into hording and interrupted our supply chain and to be honest....the supply chain still isn't full recovered.

A second Facebook whistleblower says she's willing to testify before
The KING is in the building

brownelvis54

I purposely grabbed bits and pieces of the article because its my understanding we shouldn't post the entire article here. But again here is the link to the entire story

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-next-big-cyberthreat-isn-t-ransomware-it-s-killware-and-it-s-just-as-bad-as-it-sounds/ar-AAPpD7A?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531
The KING is in the building

LennG

Scary stuff, as if we don't have enough to scare us.

As the entire world becomes more and more dependent on the internet for survival, it makes it easier and easier to disrupt an entire country or even a world.

We used to see those old James Bond movies about some super freak who has this superweapon that with a push of a button can destroy an entire city. That was scary, but this makes that seem like child's play.

At least, if the inevitable happens, as they predict, I'll be safe as my house is old-fashioned and nothing works by way of the internet, except my computer.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss