News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Houston Astroworld: at least 8 dead after 'panic' at music festival

Started by MightyGiants, November 06, 2021, 07:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Twenty-three people were transported to the hospital after the crush, and 11 who were taken by ambulance were in cardiac arrest, officials said

This was seriously messed up

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/8-dead-after-panic-houston-astroworld-music-festival-n1283397
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

it's happened in near similar tragedies before with the Who and Pink Floyd concerts. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

I was reading up on this story this morning. Unbelievably horrifying. Usually happens at a soccer game in other countries or in panic situations where a building is on fire and people fall to the ground at a bottleneck spot and once you're down, there is NO GETTING BACK UP. It's a horrible position to be in. If you are caught up in a panic push, it's a natural instinct of mine to help someone whose fallen to the ground and is being trampled. Unfortunately, if you stop to help, you are likely to end up on the ground along with the person you want to help and desperate people trample you as well and there's no getting up. Horrifying thought  :(
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Seems wreckless to create uncontrolled mobs with no assigned seating or space to stand in
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE