News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

50 greatest movie hero's

Started by LennG, November 23, 2021, 08:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

We;ve done Westerns and Military, so here is one for Thanksgiving and the holidays.

What makes a movie hero is really out there. We all have our own movie hero's as well as villiams.

I think this list is pretty good, with a great mix of old and new and I fully agree with #1.

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2021/11/12/the-50-greatest-heroes-in-the-movies/

add all you want to this list. Funny, I think almost all of these so-called 'hero's' are men. So where are our lady heroes?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

How could EL CID be left off the list??????????????

ozzie

Wow, this list could go in a hundred different directions all depending on what kind of person you consider a "Hero".
There are a lot on the list I agree with, others have me scratching my head as to how they fit into the hero category.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

LennG

Quote from: ozzie on November 26, 2021, 11:10:37 AM
Wow, this list could go in a hundred different directions all depending on what kind of person you consider a "Hero".
There are a lot on the list I agree with, others have me scratching my head as to how they fit into the hero category.

Lou

Could you expand on this? Just curious.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Well, just what I wrote....I think every person's definition of a "Hero" is at least slightly different.
Yes, we all know Batman, Superman & Wonder Woman as "Heroes" in the most obvious and accepted sense. But some people see Teacher's and Doctors as heroes while others may not. Not every hero is someone who performs under severe pressure to "Save the Day".
Some folks might see the single Mom who works and raises her kids as a hero, even though it is just routine to her to do those things.
I may be getting too "deep" into this, and I just now re-read your original post Lenn that specifically calls out "Movie Heroes" so I guess my initial response was a bit misleading due to my error.
I will say though that even though you wind up rooting for them, I don't think of Butch & Sundance or Thelma & Louise as "Heroes.
Butch & Sundance were train robbing outlaws. T & L ran from their problems and decided to drive off a cliff. Chaplin's Little Tramp, while an interesting character, I just don't see him as a hero either.
But just because I say so doesn't mean others agree. These lists are fun and to each their own.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara