News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Am I THAT old?--50 years ago 1971

Started by LennG, January 03, 2022, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I know I am old, but am I THAT old?

In our paper yesterday they listed many things, movies, music from 50 years ago.

Nah, it can't be 50 years ago? Can it?

Movies
The Godfather
Deliverance
Cabaret
The Poseiden Adventure

TV
MASH
Bob Newhart show
Sandford and Son

Music
American Pie (It can't be 50 years ago this came out, more like 30  :yes: :yes: :yes:) WOW
Taxi (Harry Chapin)
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face--Roberta Flack

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Sem

Jolly Blue Giant

Ahhh....1971.

My high school graduation
Drafted into the Viet Nam clusterf...k
Wrecked my pristine '68 Road Runner
26th Amendment to the US Constitution allowing me to vote at 18 yrs of age
Astronauts flying back and forth to the moon seemed normal to me
30 cents a gallon for gasoline (I used 98% octane for my RR costing me 42 cents a gallon)
Still shocked over the deaths of Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, and then Jim Morrison
A whole lot of Led Zeppelin on my radio and weed cost 20.00 an ounce
And oh yeah, made a dumb mistake and got married to my high school sweetheart before going into the service. That lasted three whole years  :laugh:

Doesn't seem like yesterday to me. Lot of good (and bad) memories of that year

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Blue4Life

I only remember the American Pie song from those times for good reason, grew up in Hungary. Back in those days, we used to protest against the Vietnam war, calling it unjustified, imperialistic war, prayed the Vietcong will kick their tush, that with the help CCCP they eventually did.

Was I against war at that time? Well, yeah, I am against any war. In addition, that's where most of the chicks were on the day of the protest. We had bonfire afterward, playing guitar, singing along... oh man, good ol'times... 

GordonGekko80

My goodness... 1971... I wasn't even born.

It is now that I think "41, am I that old?"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LennG

It's funny, some of us 'older' guys, look back on the 'Dark Ages' of Giants football, the late 60s, all of the 70s and early '80s as that, the Dark Ages.

When you get a bit older, you will look back at these last 10 years of Giants football as your 'Dark Ages'.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

GordonGekko80

Quote from: LennG on January 12, 2022, 11:22:40 AM
It's funny, some of us 'older' guys, look back on the 'Dark Ages' of Giants football, the late 60s, all of the 70s and early '80s as that, the Dark Ages.

When you get a bit older, you will look back at these last 10 years of Giants football as your 'Dark Ages'.

You will hate me for saying that Len, but...

If those are my dark ages, and you already had them in the  late 60s, all of the 70s and early '80s, you are still one dark age ahead of me.
There still is a chance I won't live through a second dark age of the Giants'...  =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Realistic? No. Possible? Yes.  :P