News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Weeze?

Started by the12th man, January 15, 2022, 03:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the12th man

Rumor has it he is in the Witness Protection Program.

Sem

Quote from: the12th man on January 15, 2022, 03:17:39 PM
Rumor has it he is in the Witness Protection Program.
If anyone here is in need of witness protection it would definitely be Weeze. Good chance the rumors are true.  ;)

Bob In PA

Maybe if enough of us who know John reply to this thread, he will magically grace us with his presence.  Or we can try "Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice" if you think that might help.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

LennG

I think on Feb 2 Weeze comes out and if he sees his shadow, darn it, 6 more weeks back in the hole.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

drakew

AND.....he will NOT answer his phone....
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

the12th man

Last time(2019) I was in the area we had agreed to meet for lunch and he was gonna go with me to a race at Sebring. When I arrived at his house, he had one of his pin ball machines completely dis assembled covering the entire living room floor. Needless to say, he decided he did not go with me. Not really sure what is up with him. I have given up calling him (at least his msg. has been refreshed). Next time (?) I go down to do a race I'll stop in. Until then, wish him all the best, hope he is OK>

LennG

Seriously, he had posted something maybe a couple of weeks ago.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Today is the Man's Birthday. He's either had a barrage of calls or he took the phone off the hook.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Weeze just sent me a PM. He's doing ok. He's going to mail me some pictures of the first BBQ with Jan of Norway in them. That dates back... I'll put 'em up when I get them.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

I was also wondering about Philo43. I've dropped him a message, but he doesn't respond. If anyone knew his full name I'd try to contact him direct. If you do know, send me a message. We were going to meet up for a cocktail as we live near each other and shared a lot of views as well as our ages. He was an active poster who dropped off the planet during the height of Covid. His last post was last August. I hope neither of these guys are no longer with us because of that deadly disease.
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

weeze

Sure you guys can say all this xxxx now, but I don't see any of you owning up to calling me and trying to sell me a warranty on my car that I no longer own or my truck which I ,along with my neighbors for a 2 block stretch got attacked by a Phillips head screwdriver! Nobody knows who or why , including the next door guy's Tesla automobile look better with all those little x's dented right into and through the paint. One neighbor, they clobbered his dodge pick up so hard it actually almost went through the hood I kid you not.
Then we COULD talk about Progressive insurance that tried to give me 3 thousand dollars and they keep my truck????????? So I'm driving a truck covered with little Xs pounded right into the sheet metal because I bought it new with cash in 2002 and it is still in good shape except for all the dents and besides, it hauls pinball machines around just fine!
Speaking of Pinball . I now have a world ranking in the IPDB or whatever the organization is that keeps track of these things. I am currently 14,243 rd best Pinball player in the World! That's right you all can claim that you know someone who has a World ranking in the "Sport" of competitive Pinball.I've even heard some of these Pinheads talking about "amateur" and "Pro" status if you can believe that. I played in one, exactly ONE, that's right 1 tournament and the very first game I played was against the number 3 player in the world which he won that spot by his 3rd place finish at the World Championship which were held in Sweden 3 years ago, pre-covid! Guys a weatherman on one of the TV stations in Tampa now I think, he was at a station in Fort Myers but apparently he took a new job. Anyway I beat him and he was so freaking mad he pounded on the wall and acted like a 6 year old, I must say I did enjoy that. Beat him on a 1970s Electra mechanical Gottlieb Pin. Hes all practiced up on all the new Stern 8k games so since I only play the old ones,,,,,great fun. Plus the guy always wins the tournaments, Ill bet he winds over 90% of the tourneys he entered Sp all the other people there were chuckling at that cause hes a dork and he got beat by a absolute neophyte,
Outside of that I play war against Fibromyalgia everyday whih has more side symptoms and crap to it, I had a syst taken off a lymph node in my my neck in November of 2020 and right now I'm living with a cyst on my right kidney, Plus right NOW literally today I'm awatin the joys a kidney stone that should be arriving very soon, It "broke off" this morning about 4 am, woke me right up.
So that's what I've been doing.
Oh and major league baseball has NO more paper tickets , they give them to your phone so the phone gopes to the games not you supposedly. and they are NON TRANSFERABLE!!!!!!! so after 11 years I told them if they couldn't give NE hard copy tickets I am no longer gonna be a Spring Training customer. Its a shame too because I had seats one thru four in the second row at 3rd base,
FOR DRAKE AND RON, our friend Jerry Crady died of Ovid 4 months ago so I've been bummed about that but hasn't COVID upset us all?
So thats what is up with me, whats up with you jamokes?
Love to all
John
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

weeze

Correction: The World govening body of Pinball is the IAPPA, not IPDB.
IPDB stands for Internet Pinball Data Base

Bob In PA

John: You are a pip!  Thanks for the great post!  Your adventures should be made into a book (or movie).  Let's see... we could get Matt Damon to play... me and Groucho Marx to play you!  LOL

I probably told you... my wife also suffers from fibromyalgia... she told me to write the following (which, I'm sure you already know): "KEEP MOVING... that's the only way to fight it." 

I'll add that playing pinball does not constitute fulfillment of the requirement to keep moving.  Bless you, my friend, and sorry to hear about your other evidences of old age.  Hang in there, as we all attempt to do.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

babywhales

Tried calling but the landline doesn't answer itself.

Keep hanging in there, maybe sometime we will connect again!
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

weeze

Mr, Bob, I remember you telling me about her having to fart around with the Fibro. Its kinda stupid how the disease itself doesn't actually do anything in particular, isn't hereditary, about the only thing that people of medical science such as Leann who has defied Science by still being around in spite of being 131 years of age, say is that it MIGHT be auto immune and that it doesn't seem to manifest itself until you get older by which as I understand it means 40 plus. But the things that happen from having it is pretty much limitless! For me [personally. its all about pain and baloney with ones joints primarily in the back/ My back is worse then my fathers and he was born in 1924!Still drives with no problem, does just about everything, HE doesn't get all (^(&^&* up with back pr-obs, nope not at all. I really shouldn't comp;ain especially with covid these days. Really can screw you up especially if you live in Florida where theres plenty of people that say that covid doesnt bother you and that you dont need a mask and shots and all that stuff, THey MUST be right because even the Governor who says he knows everything says so.
anyway , party on folks!