News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: Group Experts

Started by Ed Vette, January 15, 2022, 03:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

If you have a particular area of expertise and would like to be available to share your knowledge to other members here off site via PM, Email or Phone conversation when someone has a question, then post your area on this thread. It will be moved to the Front Porch for future reference.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

jimv

LennG

Baseball rules

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Slugsy-Narrows

Restaurant/ Hospitality Management and Operations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDjohnst1981

Criminal justice of England and Wales.

MagicRat

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on January 16, 2022, 02:23:15 PM
Criminal justice of England and Wales.

Scots Law and Scottish  legal proceedings.

I'm guessing we won't be in the highest demand.....
Smell my cheese you mother!

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: MagicRat on January 16, 2022, 04:54:31 PM

I wouldn

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: MagicRat on January 16, 2022, 04:54:31 PM

My mother, rest her soul, was born in Port Glasgow!😀
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

MagicRat

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on January 16, 2022, 08:14:36 PM
My mother, rest her soul, was born in Port Glasgow!😀
Very close to where Lawrence Tyne's was born, Greenock.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Shoelessjoe

Photography, Flash and Macro.

Photo editing, Lightroom, and Photoshop.

Not so much an expert but more like an avid hobbyist.

LennG

If I could join forces with JimV, we could be experts on 'older' movies, like from the '30s '40s and '50s. I'm a bit more up-to-date on some modern eras also.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

About the only thing I am considered an expert on is GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) and various statistical tools for process control (SPC, Cpk analysis, etc.). About the only people who would actually use these tools are engineers...for which I was one for 40 years or so. I was once called, "The Guru of GD&T for the State of New York". Unfortunately, I've been retired for quite a few years and haven't used it like I used to. But I still get calls every now and then from old colleagues that have questions, but that's about it.

I also spent 50 years doing genealogy and was at one time considered an expert. Now, the internet has taken all the fun out of it. In the old days, I'd take trips all over the northeast, to Vermont, New Hampshire, all over Massachusetts and Connecticut, PA, Boston, or the NYC Library, or the NY Library in Albany and spend hours going through papers in court houses, historical centers, interviewing local town historians, etc. Probably walked through a thousand cemeteries. All that work (to me it was fun) has been replaced by computer. Warning: if you use the internet and use other peoples' genealogies, they are usually filled with errors. Always do your own research and document everything.
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Sem

Homebrewbrewing.
OK, I may not be an expert brewer but I'm an expert at drinking what I brew. So I've got that going for me.