News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Will Smith/Chris Rock incident: Real or Staged?

Started by DaveBrown74, March 28, 2022, 06:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

I have heard interviews with Will Smith and I did not like him.  He came off as arrogant and full of himself.  So this behavior was hardly shocking
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

DaveBrown74

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 28, 2022, 08:34:43 AM
I have heard interviews with Will Smith and I did not like him.  He came off as arrogant and full of himself.  So this behavior was hardly shocking

MG,

I agree with your assessment on Smith; I had a similar view on him even prior to this incident.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 28, 2022, 08:38:05 AM
MG,

I agree with your assessment on Smith; I had a similar view on him even prior to this incident.
Actors Musicians Performers athletes- we watch them all for what they produce, not who they are!

Many of them I

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Slugs Narrows on March 28, 2022, 08:47:04 AM
Actors Musicians Performers athletes- we watch them all for what they produce, not who they are!

Many of them I
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 28, 2022, 08:36:40 AM
Slugs

Good point about how things change once you have been hit. Adrenaline kicks in and you can become a different person. I have not been in lots of fights, but I have been in a handful when I was younger, and I agree that things change once it starts, especially with any blow to the face or head.

I don't think it was staged myself. All the follow-up stuff from outside bodies suggests it was real. I will certainly concede however that it is possible it was. That's not my personal instinct though. If the Academy wanted to pull a PR stunt I don't think they would have chosen something ugly like this.

Wasn't it Tyson who said, "Everybody has a plan until they get punched..."

Actually a pretty profound statement considering the source
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 28, 2022, 08:56:09 AM
One of the best seasons ever. Some great scenes and acting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really. Hmmm. The segment of the final season prior to this I thought was a bit lacking.  I figured they were building up to something but seeing as WD is always non stop action I was a bit disappointed.  Can

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 28, 2022, 09:00:42 AM

Sometimes all you need is a look
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 28, 2022, 09:00:36 AM
I am not about to paint all performers with that sort of broad brush.  I am speaking specifically about Will Smith.  I would say a solid majority of performers, in the categories you mentioned, come off as good or decent people in their interviews, Will Smith was not among them.  He comes off as unlikeable in his interviews and portrayed an attitude that made his extremely poor behavior anything but a shock.
If you read my whole statement I didn

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 28, 2022, 09:00:42 AM

Yes he did, he also said

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Slugs Narrows on March 28, 2022, 08:47:04 AM

Many of them I
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh: