News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Will Smith/Chris Rock incident: Real or Staged?

Started by DaveBrown74, March 28, 2022, 06:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slugsy-Narrows

And? Lol. The consequence is what actually. No more trophies???   Rich ppl problems I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Slugs Narrows on April 02, 2022, 09:25:03 AM
And? Lol. The consequence is what actually.

Not much.

Although we're talking about someone with an ego the size of Texas, so being considered a complete XXXXX by most of the country can't be that enjoyable.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 02, 2022, 12:01:54 PM
Not much.

Although we're talking about someone with an ego the size of Texas, so being considered a complete XXXXX by most of the country can't be that enjoyable.
No such thing as bad publicity. The public has a short memory. Next week on to the next drama. The attention this has received is outrageous. Instead more attention should have focused on the assholes who gave him a standing ovation when he got his award. Anyone who stood for him that night and admonished him afterwards
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 02, 2022, 12:08:19 PM
No such thing as bad publicity. The public has a short memory. Next week on to the next drama. The attention this has received is outrageous. Instead more attention should have focused on the assholes who gave him a standing ovation when he got his award. Anyone who stood for him that night and admonished him afterwards
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 08, 2022, 03:14:31 PM
Sounds fair to me

Oh and I thought SNL was hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTRng89HjJw

I actually thought five years would be where they landed but I have no objection to 10. What he did was pretty outrageous, and if he doesn't get sued or charged with any sort of crime he should consider himself lucky. Sorry but you can't just physically assault people.

Agreed on the SNL skit; amusing.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 08, 2022, 03:21:07 PM
I actually thought five years would be where they landed but I have no objection to 10. What he did was pretty outrageous, and if he doesn't get sued or charged with any sort of crime he should consider himself lucky. Sorry but you can't just physically assault people.

Agreed on the SNL skit; amusing.

I heard reports that they asked Will to leave but he refused.  If that's true, that is why I am good with 10 (5 for the slap and 5 for refusing to leave)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Woody

Staged.   It was the only way to increase viewership

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 08, 2022, 03:42:04 PM
I heard reports that they asked Will to leave but he refused.  If that's true, that is why I am good with 10 (5 for the slap and 5 for refusing to leave)

Those reports seem murky. Initially it was reported that he was asked to leave and refused. Then that seemed to be amended or at least differing reports came out. Sounds like it was something they discussed but it's unclear if anyone actually asked Will Smith to leave.

In any event, whether it happened or not, I don't have a problem with the decision.

Does this "ban" mean he is just not allowed to attend future shows, or does it also mean he will be ineligible to receive awards during this 10 year period?

At this point I think there is basically zero chance this was fake. Better chance in my mind that the Apollo moon landing was fake.

Slugsy-Narrows