News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Bruce Willis - done acting

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, March 30, 2022, 05:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Bruce Willis used to be one of my favorite tough guy actors. The last few films he has done he looks as if he's just mailing it in for the money and the only reason he is cast is because of the draw of his name.

Well - now we know. He has been diagnosed with a disease known as "aphasia". I looked it up and the definition is: "loss of ability to understand or express speech, caused by brain damage"

In his last couple of films he was unable to remember his lines. Apparently, everyone in Hollywood was aware of this, hence minor roles where actual acting is not required.

Because of this, Willis has stepped down and will no longer take on any roles and will retire surrounded by his loving family  :( :( :(
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Bob In PA

Not a great actor, IMO, but very entertaining to me.  Sometimes you just gotta call it a day.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

Very sorry to hear this about Mr. Willis. He is not that old.

I would concur with the statement that he was not necessarily the most talented actor, however he was either the lead role or at least a key role in a number of superb movies. Die Hard, The Sixth Sense, and of course Pulp Fiction all come to mind. Really solid career. Sorry to hear about his health. I am glad he is surrounded by loving family.

LennG

I haven't done any research, but is this a life-threatening disease? Anything like Alzheimer's

For a time, I wouldn't miss anything he was in, just fun movies, even the ridiculous Armaggenden, How great was he in Pulp Fiction, The Sixth Sense and Tears of the Sun.

I wish him the best in the fight for his health.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

I was sorry you hear this. Maybe not the greatest "actor" in the classical sense, but I always found him entertaining.
It's a shame when someone's ability to make a living is taken away from them. I wish him well.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

jimv

This is really sad news.  I so much enjoyed his films; in particular Die Hard Die Hard Three & Mercury Rising.  I wish him the best as he fights this terrible disease.  :(

Slugsy-Narrows

Die Hard - BEST Christmas Movie EVER!!!

Moonlighting - one of the funniest TV shows back in the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregf

Quote from: LennG on March 30, 2022, 08:13:07 PM
I haven't done any research, but is this a life-threatening disease? Anything like Alzheimer's

For a time, I wouldn't miss anything he was in, just fun movies, even the ridiculous Armaggenden, How great was he in Pulp Fiction, The Sixth Sense and Tears of the Sun.

I wish him the best in the fight for his health.
My novice view is it's in the Alzheimer umbrella. Tough to see Mr Die Hard hit krytptonite.   

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

MightyGiants

From what I understand the affliction Bruce has could be caused by head trauma, stroke, or even Alzheimers.   I feel really bad for Bruce as he is far too young at 67 to have to withdraw from an active life.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

My daughter is going to NY Medical College for Speech Pathology and is involved in a aphasia choir so she knows and understands what it happening better then I.

One of her professors was interviewed about this.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://mms.tveyes.com/PlaybackPortal.aspx?SavedEditID=ca95b599-ab93-489d-a376-f1a338c23f4f__;!!HoV-yHU!7Z8av8Fqd5XTjV3rtUFOvcME8la1Dgg7PTLu04738UBZjvc0zQ8CcvLmijcduti3_-40GHD2$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk