News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Favorite or most intriguing Movie Characters

Started by Ed Vette, March 31, 2022, 10:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

I can name a few, like Hannibal Lecter, Wicked Witch of the West, Frankenstein Monster, Wolfman, Dracula(Bela), Dirty Harry
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Pretty tough to answer, but I'll throw in some:

Steve Frazelli, Aaron (also Roy) Stampler (Edward Norton - The Italian Job, Primal Fear)

Vincent Vega, Chili Palmer, George Malley (John Travolta - Pulp Fiction, Get Shorty, Phenomenon)

Henry Manning
(Paul Newman - Where the Money Is)  Obscure movie of his that was a box office failure, but I love

Mona Lisa Vito (Marissa Tomei - My Cousin Vinny) She won my heart forever in that movie

Doc Holliday (Val Kilmer - Tombstone) One of the greatest performances of all time IMHO

Princess Anne (Audrey Hepburn - Roman Vacation) dittos, she won my heart

John McClane, Frank Moses (Bruce "Yippee Ki-Yay" Willis - Die Hard, RED) Couldn't leave Bruce out after yesterday's news  :(

Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox - Back to the Future) I loved most all of his movies

James Bond (Sean Connery - all of his 007 movies)

Lt Daniel Kaffee (Tom Cruise - A Few Good Men)

Off the top of my head  :-??

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 31, 2022, 11:04:35 AM
Pretty tough to answer, but I'll throw in some:

Steve Frazelli, Aaron (also Roy) Stampler (Edward Norton - The Italian Job, Primal Fear)

Vincent Vega, Chili Palmer, George Malley (John Travolta - Pulp Fiction, Get Shorty, Phenomenon)

Henry Manning
(Paul Newman - Where the Money Is)  Obscure movie of his that was a box office failure, but I love

Mona Lisa Vito (Marissa Tomei - My Cousin Vinny) She won my heart forever in that movie

Doc Holliday (Val Kilmer - Tombstone) One of the greatest performances of all time IMHO

Princess Anne (Audrey Hepburn - Roman Vacation) dittos, she won my heart

John McClane, Frank Moses (Bruce "Yippee Ki-Yay" Willis - Die Hard, RED) Couldn't leave Bruce out after yesterday's news  :(

Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox - Back to the Future) I loved most all of his movies

James Bond (Sean Connery - all of his 007 movies)

Lt Daniel Kaffee (Tom Cruise - A Few Good Men) Val Kilmmer Ice

Off the top of my head  :-??

I'll add Curley in City Slickers. Jack Palance also in Shane.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 31, 2022, 11:20:14 AM
I'll add Curley in City Slickers. Jack Palance also in Shane.

Great call on Curley. The old man did one-handed pushups on stage after he made that movie. I couldn't do one-handed pushup on the greatest days of my youth...lol

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 31, 2022, 11:33:13 AM
Great call on Curley. The old man did one-handed pushups on stage after he made that movie. I couldn't do one-handed pushup on the greatest days of my youth...lol
I can
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

jimv

LennG

Maybe the best movie character--Atticus Finch--Gregory Peck--add to that his characters in 12 O'Clock High, Gentleman's Agreement, Jimmy Ringo in the Gunfighter, Captain Ahab in Moby Dick, and the list can go on.

And if we are just talking characters, how about Norman Bates

Then we can go to Inspector Harry Callahan

and who can forget Neo

And one of my other favorites--Travis Bickle

Plus don't forget Hannibal Lector

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Great thread and lists so far.

I thought Len for sure would have mentioned Verbal Kint  :ok:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Indiana Jones
Zorro
Rocky Balboa
John Rambo
Michael Corleone
Norman Bates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Walt Kowalski (Eastwood in "Gran Tourino")

Rupert Anderson (Hackman in "Mississippi Burning")

Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase in the "Vacation" movies)

Jack Nicholson as the Joker in the first Batman

Red (Freeman in "Shawshank Redemption")

Winston "The Wolf" Wolf (Keitel in "Pulp Fiction")

Shelly Levine (Lemon in "Glengarry Glen Ross")

Rupert Cadell (Jimmy Stewart in "Rope")

Annie Wilkes (Cathy Bates in "Misery")

Mr. Pink (Buscemi in "Reservoir Dogs")

jimv

Beau Geste
Robin Hood
Mrs. Miniver

Just a starter for me.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 01, 2022, 10:25:39 AM
Walt Kowalski (Eastwood in "Gran Tourino")

Rupert Anderson (Hackman in "Mississippi Burning")

Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase in the "Vacation" movies)

Jack Nicholson as the Joker in the first Batman

Red (Freeman in "Shawshank Redemption")

Winston "The Wolf" Wold (Keitel in "Pulp Fiction")

Shelly Levine (Lemon in "Glengarry Glen Ross")

Rupert Cadell (Jimmy Stewart in "Rope")

Annie Wilkes (Cathy Bates in "Misery")
Not Randall McMurphy or Jack Torrance? Old Jack played so many intriguing characters.

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 01, 2022, 10:34:32 AM
Not Randall McMurphy or Jack Torrance? Old Jack played so many intriguing characters.

Forgot about McMurphy but he is certainly worthy.

Torrance is too, no doubt. You can pick from a lot with Nicholson. Chinatown and Departed are in the discussion too.

LennG

Don't forget Col. Nathan R. Jessep ( A Few Good Men). He wasn't the real star but his part is the one that is remembered when talking about this movie.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on April 02, 2022, 02:35:23 PM

Don't forget Col. Nathan R. Jessep ( A Few Good Men). He wasn't the real star but his part is the one that is remembered when talking about this movie.