News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Cell phone problem

Started by LennG, May 24, 2022, 11:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I am having a problem with my cell phone.

First, I have to say, I am NOT a tech guy and have a pretty old phone with a basic Mint Mobile plan. I have an old LG phone that was once used for Metro and probably cleaned and I bought it thru this Mint Mobil. I really just use it for phone calls and a few other things.

So, the other day, for whatever reason, it just would not go on. I took the battery out, replaced it, and then charged it. It goes on but every few seconds I get a message
"Unfortunately. LG IMS has stopped'. The phone seems to work but this message comes up non-stop every few seconds and I have no idea what to do about it.

Do I need a new phone or can any suggest something to try?

What the heck is IMS?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Apparently LG is having this problem with all LG phones and "will have a fix soon" (maybe)
https://www.thetealmango.com/technology/how-to-fix-ims-keeps-stopping-issue-on-lg-smartphones/

I too went with Mint Mobile, but I didn't get a phone through them. I like that it only cost 15.00 a month and it runs on the T-Mobile network so it gets the greatest 5G coverage of all phone plans. Can't beat the price. I paid 180.00 for a year of coverage and use my old phone that I had

My advice: get a Samsung phone or perhaps Motorola. Apple phones are overly expensive and you have to use a different platform if you're already used to the Android operating system. Otherwise, hang tight and hope LG gets their act together and fixes their problem
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Thanks, I'll try the suggestions.

I tried to call customer service at LG and was on hold for over 90 minutes and just gave up, but they did say, like Ric said, that this seems to be a problem with all LG phones.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I have tried the solutions posted here and it seems to have corrected the problem.

Ric

We have had Mint Mobile for about 2 years now and like you pay the $180 per year and couldn't be happier with them. We even loaded some money to use internationally; roaming while we were cruising and were able to call from our ports of call.

I will start looking around for a new phone ASAP.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Mint is really the deal of the century for average cell phone users and it's run on T-Mobile's architecture which is the largest 5G network. For 15 bucks a month, you get 4gigs of data...a little confusing because the cell phone companies call the Fifth Generation of cellular network "5G' which has nothing to do with "gigs" as in 4g's of data

With 4G's of data, you have unlimited phone calls and you can watch 5 hours of video per month, surf 50 web pages a day, upload 10 pictures a day, stream 15 minutes of music a day, and send 50 emails every day, in which case, you'd still use only 3.61 GB so unless you are a teen who lives on the phone and watches a movie a night on your phone, it's plenty of data

Super deal and it's owned by Ryan Reynolds.  I think right now if people sign up, you pay 45.00 for the first three months and the next three months are free so actually 7.50 a month for half a year. I told my buddy about it and he said, "I'll wait until you've had it for a few months to see if you still think it's good". Since then we have been together on outings and I had cell service when he didn't. He now switched to Mint and loves it just like I do. The only thing you have to watch for is if you want to keep your original number so you have to remember when signing up to click the box that says you want to keep it. I did not. They sent me my new SIM card and a new phone number. I called customer service though and they walked me through it so I could keep my number I've used for the last 15 years or so

Good deal if anyone interested, especially considering what it cost on Verizon, AT&T, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dkFzjzEaW8
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Ed Vette

I pay $145 a month for unlimited calls, text, Wi-Fi internet. I pay an additional $10 a month for two TB of backup to ICloud to include the thousands of pictures I have. My phone holds 256 GB with 156 available. I have hundreds of Apps.

You guys are dinosaurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 25, 2022, 06:24:51 PM
I pay $145 a month for unlimited calls, text, Wi-Fi internet. I pay an additional $10 a month for two TB of backup to ICloud to include the thousands of pictures I have. My phone holds 256 GB with 156 available. I have hundreds of Apps.

You guys are dinosaurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But happy dinosaurs    =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Charlie Weiss