News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

78 years ago today - D-Day [5 things you didn't know]

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, June 06, 2022, 01:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

From https://triviatoday.com/blog/featured.asp?a=430DE2

5 Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About D-Day ...title should probably say, "shocking facts to many as the old timers know a lot of this"

"On June 6, 1944, Allied troops landed at Normandy in northern France, in a massive assault that became known as D-Day. Here are 5 shocking facts you didn
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

Thanks very much. I have been reading about D-Day, Pearl Harbor, Hiroshima, and a number of other WW2 topics recently. I also re-watched Saving Private Ryan recently. Memorial Day certainly got me on this topic again. I appreciate your posting this. Very interesting.

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on June 06, 2022, 01:01:53 PM
From https://triviatoday.com/blog/featured.asp?a=430DE2

5 Shocking Facts You Didn't Know About D-Day ...title should probably say, "shocking facts to many as the old timers know a lot of this"

"On June 6, 1944, Allied troops landed at Normandy in northern France, in a massive assault that became known as D-Day. Here are 5 shocking facts you didn
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

I well know about Meteorology playing a part in the D Day landings.  One of the Officers who I worked with at my first assignment at MacDill AFB was on the Meteorological Staff for the forecasts.

Personally, I was just finishing up the fifth grade in school.  But we kids knew what was going on and everybody was excited.  I watched "Private Ryan" last week & watched "The Longest Day" today.  God Bless all those soldiers who fought on the beaches that day. =D>