News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Last chance to see the Green Comet

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, February 01, 2023, 01:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

And I don't mean this beauty:

But this one:

For those interested, this comet comes around once every 50,000 years and it will be in the sky tonight and tomorrow night. If you miss it, most likely you won't get a second chance later in your lifetime  :doh: 

According to the blog, "In the Sky" the comet will be highest in the sky at around 9:45 p.m. on Feb. 2, above the northern horizon. It first becomes visible just after dusk, then disappears at dawn". It will depend a lot on how clear the sky is in order to see it, but it's supposed to be visible with the naked eye (on a cloudless night) this evening until Friday morning

https://www.livescience.com/green-comet-close-approach-tonight
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

ozzie

I've tried a couple of times to see it, but to no avail unfortunately.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: ozzie on February 02, 2023, 07:23:08 PMI've tried a couple of times to see it, but to no avail unfortunately.

Same here

LennG

We went out last nite to try and see something. You have to understand where we live, if we see 3 stars at night it is a good night, but we tried, and like everyone else saw nothing.

Alas, we'll just have to wait for the next time, some 50,000 years from now.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on February 03, 2023, 05:11:21 PMWe went out last nite to try and see something. You have to understand where we live, if we see 3 stars at night it is a good night, but we tried, and like everyone else saw nothing.

Alas, we'll just have to wait for the next time, some 50,000 years from now.

Yup, I tried again last night and it was so cloudy there wasn't a star in the sky  :(