News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: 2022-23 NY Rangers Season Thread

Started by DaveBrown74, June 30, 2022, 06:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbadger

I'll be the first to admit that I thought Joe Torre was a safe and uninspired pick and I feel the same way today. I hope he's as good as Torre turned out but....

Giant Obsession

82 years....ONE CUP

milquetoast Laviolette named HC.

Methinks it is time for a nice hibernation.

The Flyers will surpass us in the next 2 years.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

DaveBrown74

I have tended to like Drury, but when I really think about it objectively, what exactly he has done so far in his job that has been particularly good?

Messiah717

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 13, 2023, 09:01:18 PMI have tended to like Drury, but when I really think about it objectively, what exactly he has done so far in his job that has been particularly good?

He had a good first year and made solid deadline moves.  This season he didn't do very well at all. 

Giant Obsession

Vegas ..... 6 years in existence....ONE CUP and 2 Finals appearances

Jim Jones Rangers.....ahh never mind.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

Giant Obsession

Okay, enough of my bitching and negativity.

This is a great in depth article on Jack Eichel and the road he travelled to become a champion.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/37841024/vegas-golden-knights-jack-eichel-win-cup-surgery
Mike

DaveBrown74

Good clip of Laviolette getting fired up at his team in between periods in the locker room:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvBsTrPO0p0

Jaime

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 14, 2023, 07:26:47 PMGood clip of Laviolette getting fired up at his team in between periods in the locker room:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvBsTrPO0p0
:ok:  :surrender:  :boooo:  :what:  ~X(  :greetings:  /sarcasm/  :(  :D  ;)  ;)

Jaime

Just heard/saw on SNY the King is IN!!!
Henrik Lundquist is in the NHL HOF  <:-P

A true Bummer for Hank, was no Cup ~X(
He carried his Team to the Finals, but alas, we were done in five games  Redfaced
Hank is in 6th Place of all time NHL wins by a Goalie.
Quite the debate ensued on SNY re; Mike Richter vs. Hank as to who is the better Goalie?
Seems Richter winning the Cup, tips the scale in his direction for some.
Mention was made that Shesty will need a Cup to lay claim to being the best of the three. :hmm:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jaime on June 22, 2023, 12:59:29 AMJust heard/saw on SNY the King is IN!!!
Henrik Lundquist is in the NHL HOF  <:-P

A true Bummer for Hank, was no Cup ~X(
He carried his Team to the Finals, but alas, we were done in five games  Redfaced
Hank is in 6th Place of all time NHL wins by a Goalie.
Quite the debate ensued on SNY re; Mike Richter vs. Hank as to who is the better Goalie?
Seems Richter winning the Cup, tips the scale in his direction for some.
Mention was made that Shesty will need a Cup to lay claim to being the best of the three. :hmm:

It's an interesting debate. Richter has the hardware, and he was sick in the postseason that year. Making a penalty shot save against an all time great in the finals is the stuff of legend.

Hank was probably better for longer and had more great seasons, but Richter had a run of years where he was awesome.

To be fair, no Rangers goalie has ever had the season Shesty did in 2021/22. So he has the talent to be able to be at least talked about among Richter and King. Does he have the heart and durability though? Remains to be seen.

coggs

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 22, 2023, 08:42:58 AMIt's an interesting debate. Richter has the hardware, and he was sick in the postseason that year. Making a penalty shot save against an all time great in the finals is the stuff of legend.

Hank was probably better for longer and had more great seasons, but Richter had a run of years where he was awesome.

To be fair, no Rangers goalie has ever had the season Shesty did in 2021/22. So he has the talent to be able to be at least talked about among Richter and King. Does he have the heart and durability though? Remains to be seen.
I was a huge Richter fan, but Lundqvist was better.  MUCH better.  Richter had a stretch of about 5 years and even 95 was questionable.  Lundqvist was more than 10.  Look at Lundqvist's play-off numbers and try to tell me them not winning a Cup with him was his fault.  He and Jagr carried those teams to the play-offs his first few years and then when Jagr left it was almost all on Lundqvist.

kartanoman

Love the conversation about the goalies. Throw another log on the fire, the Rangers have been blessed with some of the very best goalies over the last 40 years and you can add John Vanbiesbrouck to the list and his Vezina Trophy 1985-86 dazzling season performance which took the Rangers to the semifinals against eventual cup winners Montreal. The "Beezer" was amazing in his own right for three or four seasons until Richter came along and the two started rotating duties. Even after the Rangers traded Beezer to Vancouver (who then left him unprotected for the expansion draft where Florida grabbed him), he continued to dominate in goal and helped lead the Panthers to the finals against Joe Sakic and that machine up in Colorado which wasn't going to be denied that year. But Beezer's in the Hall of Fame (since 2007), and rightly so, and should also be in this conversation as well; even if he falls below the other three in the discussion.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)