News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How is this humanly possible?

Started by LennG, July 04, 2022, 05:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

'Jaws' Wins Again'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/jaws-wins-again/ar-AAZbFW0?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1b173b5e97e94e0690a964a03ca9d09e

Joey Chestnut once again blew away the competition in the annual Nathan's hot dog eating contest in Coney Island, New York, downing 63 franks (and buns) in just 10 minutes. Sounds impressive on paper, but remember that "Jaws" swallowed a staggering 76 dawgs last year in the same competition. Yes, that is the world record by a Brooklyn mile.

Geoffrey Esper came in second with a paltry 47.5 hot dogs.

I watched the video and still do not see how a person can do this--yet this guy does it every year and wins by a mile.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Sem

Quote from: LennG on July 04, 2022, 05:36:08 PM'Jaws' Wins Again'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/jaws-wins-again/ar-AAZbFW0?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1b173b5e97e94e0690a964a03ca9d09e

Joey Chestnut once again blew away the competition in the annual Nathan's hot dog eating contest in Coney Island, New York, downing 63 franks (and buns) in just 10 minutes. Sounds impressive on paper, but remember that "Jaws" swallowed a staggering 76 dawgs last year in the same competition. Yes, that is the world record by a Brooklyn mile.

Geoffrey Esper came in second with a paltry 47.5 hot dogs.

I watched the video and still do not see how a person can do this--yet this guy does it every year and wins by a mile.

He ate more hotdogs in 10 minutes than I have probably had in the last 10 years.

DaveBrown74

I know people will chuckle if anyone refers to him as an "athlete", but whatever you want to call competitive eating, I don't know that we have seen someone this dominant in an individual competition anytime in recent memory as we have with this guy. Rafael Nadal on clay (14 French Open titles so far) is the only one that comes to mind. Just remarkable how much better he is at this than everyone else who cares about it and tries.

Jolly Blue Giant

You know they puke it all up right?  :sick:

It's in the rules that you can't throw up within 10 minutes of the ending bell or you're disqualified. Something like that...not 100% sure on that  :-??

But it makes sense to get it out of your system ASAP for health reasons
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

I would puke if I are 5 of them, in a 1/2 an hour.

It is truly minded boggling that he can get them down basically without even chewing them, 60+ in 10 minutes.
If someone wanted to bet me it could be done I would take that bet----------and lose.  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss