News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Around the NFL thread

Started by DaveBrown74, July 28, 2022, 11:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

We'll see if this sticks, but I thought it might be a decent idea to get a thread for all non-Giants NFL related camp news/rumors/injuries etc. So if you see/hear/read anything of material interest around the league that is worth highlighting but not worth starting a thread for, try putting it here.

DaveBrown74

This doesn't sound great for Tampa. This guy is a pivotal player for that offense:

https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/1552662190343299073

Jclayton92

Also Julio Jones signed with them "Tampa" yesterday shunning the Packers and Rodgers for Brady.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 28, 2022, 12:27:17 PMAlso Julio Jones signed with them "Tampa" yesterday shunning the Packers and Rodgers for Brady.

Saw that. Good move for Tampa. He can do a lot of the things Gronk was doing for them. He stunk last year but he was hurt for most of it, and plus there's a big difference between Brady and Tanneyhill.

Jolly Blue Giant

From the Syracuse Post Standard

"Josh Allen visibly frustrated as offense struggles

It's been a clunky start to camp for the offense - Ken Dorsey's first as offensive coordinator. By the time the Bills had run through a few 11-on-11 drills on Tuesday, Allen's frustration was obvious. He had two straight balls batted at the line of scrimmage by defensive linemen. Tim Settle was the first to do it. Allen took off his helmet and walked away from the group to collect his thoughts. When he got back in he completed a pass to Devin Singletary and then James Cook. But the next one was tipped by Jordan Phillips.

There were some good throws on the day. But it seemed like it took two or three bad plays for the offense to find success through the air. To be fair, the defense is playing at an extremely high level to start camp. Bills safety Micah Hyde isn't surprised at how the defense has played.

"We knew coming into this, obviously through OTAs and minicamp, that the defense was gonna be a problem," he said.
"
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on July 28, 2022, 12:36:58 PMFrom the Syracuse Post Standard

"Josh Allen visibly frustrated as offense struggles

It's been a clunky start to camp for the offense - Ken Dorsey's first as offensive coordinator. By the time the Bills had run through a few 11-on-11 drills on Tuesday, Allen's frustration was obvious. He had two straight balls batted at the line of scrimmage by defensive linemen. Tim Settle was the first to do it. Allen took off his helmet and walked away from the group to collect his thoughts. When he got back in he completed a pass to Devin Singletary and then James Cook. But the next one was tipped by Jordan Phillips.

There were some good throws on the day. But it seemed like it took two or three bad plays for the offense to find success through the air. To be fair, the defense is playing at an extremely high level to start camp. Bills safety Micah Hyde isn't surprised at how the defense has played.

"We knew coming into this, obviously through OTAs and minicamp, that the defense was gonna be a problem," he said.
"

Some growing pains to getting a new coordinator maybe.

If Dorsey is a bust that's a good miss for us... he was our first choice over Kafka if memory serves.

DaveBrown74

Ugh... I was very high on Pickens. Wan'Dale better pan out, because this guy has the makings of being a star, and he went after we took Wan'Dale:

https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1552696888184512514

Thegratefulhead

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Thegratefulhead on July 28, 2022, 01:52:25 PMVery early, Dave.

It is. I've liked Pickens for a while though. I'm not basing my opinion on a couple of days of Steelers camp. I watched him plenty at UGA, and I see another AJ Green type player there. Now granted, he had an injury, plus he has had a few question marks around personal conduct, but I still think he'll be great.

Admittedly, I knew a lot less about Robinson going into the draft. I knew who he was and did watch a couple of Kentucky games last year, but I didn't have a big read on him. If Pickens turns out to be good but so is Robinson, then great. No issue there.

Jclayton92

Pickens was spitting, fighting, and doing really shady stuff in Georgia on top of the injury which us why he fell. One guy inside the Georgia program told me Pickens would have been arrested at least 5 times had he not played on the team.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 28, 2022, 03:25:22 PMPickens was spitting, fighting, and doing really shady stuff in Georgia on top of the injury which us why he fell. One guy inside the Georgia program told me Pickens would have been arrested at least 5 times had he not played on the team.

Yep, I realize he was never going to be a Giant. Between the injury and some of the shenanigans, it wasn't going to happen. That doesn't change my personal view on his talent though.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on July 28, 2022, 03:43:21 PMhttps://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1552724821129064448

Nicely articulated response, but he did not really explain why the Cardinals felt the need to put the clause there and why, if it's so "disrespectful", he chose to accept and sign it.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 28, 2022, 03:48:16 PMNicely articulated response, but he did not really explain why the Cardinals felt the need to put the clause there and why, if it's so "disrespectful", he chose to accept and sign it.

I don't think Murray and his agent expected the clause to get some much publicity

https://twitter.com/AndrewBrandt/status/1552715247844196354
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Washington commanders camp at 11am.