News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Around the NFL thread

Started by DaveBrown74, July 28, 2022, 11:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killarich

Hurts threw the ball 26 times for 174 yards

uconnjack8

Quote from: killarich on November 14, 2022, 10:52:33 PMI'm not complaining

I am happy it hurt the Eagles, but that type of stuff could cost the Giants at some point too. 

TDToomer

I am glad the Eagles lost but wow how badly did the refs miss that blatant facemask that lead to the fumble by Goedert? Since it was a turnover the play was automatically reviewed so everyone saw the facemask but penalties are not a reviewable play so it stayed a missed call. You could argue that had Goedert not had his neck twisted he would have held onto the ball. Nice job refs!
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

uconnjack8

Quote from: TDToomer on November 15, 2022, 08:59:54 AMI am glad the Eagles lost but wow how badly did the refs miss that blatant facemask that lead to the fumble by Goedert? Since it was a turnover the play was automatically reviewed so everyone saw the facemask but penalties are not a reviewable play so it stayed a missed call. You could argue that had Goedert not had his neck twisted he would have held onto the ball. Nice job refs!

I agree and mentioned it when it happened.  It really makes no sense to me that they cannot review for something like that.  It's not subjective like pass interference.  I know the refs can have their view obstructed on the field but that was so obvious on the replay that it's hard to just say it's a missed call and cannot be reviewed.  And I agree that might have been part of what caused the fumble. 

Silver lining is that it helped the Eagles lose, but I always worry something like that will happen to the Giants.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: uconnjack8 on November 15, 2022, 10:54:17 AMI agree and mentioned it when it happened.  It really makes no sense to me that they cannot review for something like that.  It's not subjective like pass interference.  I know the refs can have their view obstructed on the field but that was so obvious on the replay that it's hard to just say it's a missed call and cannot be reviewed.  And I agree that might have been part of what caused the fumble. 

Silver lining is that it helped the Eagles lose, but I always worry something like that will happen to the Giants.
We have been on the bad end of red calls forever

It's good to see us share in the misery especially for the beagles and girls when it happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

killarich

Rodgers bad behind throw to a wide open Lazard

killarich

Rodgers overthrows wide open Lazard on critical third down ....crowd booing