News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Actors/Actresses/Musicians you just don't like

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, August 18, 2022, 11:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

I have a few actors/musicians that I don't care for and typically won't watch a movie if they are in them. There are musicians who grate on my nerves so much that I change the station the second I hear them come on the radio. Anyway

My list:

John Belushi - never saw him as funny and never understood how some people thought he was hilarious and one of the greatest comedians ever. I find his brother Jim quite funny, but not John

Woody Allen - when I was younger, I got a few chuckles out of his movies. But at some point, I found his personality far more irritating than funny

Will Farrell - too over the top for my taste. His overacting turns me off. I must admit I liked him at some points in the movie "Old School"

Dana Carvey - he just irritates me. I don't find him funny

Kevin Spacey - used to like him until all the garbage about his life came out

Tina Fey - really cocky attitude like she is the second coming of Meryl Streep. Always comes across as smug. She should have stuck to writing comedy and staying out of the limelight IMO

David Caruso
- I liked him as the "kid cop" in Rambo - First Blood, but couldn't stand him after he became the face of CSI Miami. He was okay as Andy Sipowicz's (Dennis Franz) sidekick in NYPD Blue, but when he decided he should get big time money like Franz because he felt he was just as big a character as "Sipowicz", it turned me off.

Sean Penn - just don't like the way he comes off in movies

Musicians

Bruce Springsteen - never liked his music or the sound of his voice. Once he became political, it was even a bigger turnoff. A close friend of mine drove several hours to catch a concert of his at the Giants' stadium a few years ago. He and his wife were super excited. He said that they had to get up and leave half way through the show because the music wasn't all that great and he spent almost as much time talking politics as he did singing

Rod Stewart - Okay, I'll give him Maggie May (even that song sucked after hearing it for the hundredth time), but I never understood the way girls (that I know) swooned over him like he was a little bit of Brad Pitt combined with the voice of Sinatra  :sick:

Freddy Fender - Wow, I spent a day in Scranton with an old car with an AM radio that got only one station and it happened to be "Freddy Fender Day". Turned a simple day into a week. Never understood how he made it in the music world  :no:

Chris Stapleton - this will probably put a frown on people's faces that love country music. I don't even know what it is, but I just can't stand his music. I have no idea how he has won so many awards. He's not exactly George Strait or Alan Jackson or Garth Brooks

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

Great idea for a thread.

On the musician side, I agree with Springsteen. I don't hate him, but he has never been my cup of tea. Bottom line I like him way less than everyone else. I know some people adore him - I'm just not one of them.

People I like less than the consensus:

Actors:

Meryl Streep: I know she's talented but she does some pretty lame movies like this recent "Don't Look Up" one, and I find her annoying in real life.

Adam Sandler: I just never thought he was anywhere nearly as funny as a lot of people. Just a lot of whining and weird voice and not much substance there.

Angelina Jolie: Quick - without looking, name three really good movies she has been in. You see? You can't. She may be nice to look at, but as an actress I think she's very overrated.

Russell Brand: Maybe the most annoying guy in show business.

Singers:

Springsteen: Agree with you there.

REM (Michael Stipe): They were never for me. The "Losing My Religion" song was one of the most overplayed songs of the 90s. It got to the point where it became torturous to hear it.

Kanye West: I don't get it at all with him. Maybe it's above my head, but I'm just not seeing any reason for all the praise.

There are plenty of other examples, but those are a few that came to mind.

LennG

I have a whole collection of actors and actresses that I do not like going all the way back to Kate Hepburn. Don't even ask me why, I just never liked her voice or maybe the type of movies she made. I have seen many of them, but I would never go out of my way to watch one of her movies.
Another is Elizabeth Taylor, except for Father of the Bride and its sequel, especially in the Richard Burton era, I watched her movies and would never watch them.

In this later era, my #1 actor who I will never watch is
Jim Carrey Followed by
Adam Sandler
Bill Murray
and all the rest of those Dumb and Dumber era-type movies.
They were all just stupid comedies and I can honestly say I don't think I've watched any of them.

I used to say the same about Meryl Streep, but since I saw her in Mama Mai, and Julia and Julie where she WAS Julia Childs really, I became a fan. I still don't like a lot of her early movies, but now I do appreciate her and her talent.

Funny my wife hates Bette Davis and Jack Nicholson (she saw The One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Next and since then just hated Nicholson. We can't watch any of their movies together.

As far as music and no offense to anyone, anyone singing Rap I do not like. I just enjoy that genre of music with no one in particular.
You can also add to that hard rock and the old heavy metal sound. Sorry

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss