News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Get Together

Started by LennG, August 22, 2022, 08:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

A while back, someone posted (I think it was Ed) about the possibility of getting together to watch a game--somewhere. It seemed to have been shelved, but why?

I had suggested an early game like Oct 2 vs the Bears. If this is still on the table, count me in. Other Sundays during the month of October have several Jewish Holidays, so I don't know if I could make it.

Come on guys, pick a date and a place and announce it to the membership and let's do it.

a long time ago in a different place, we used to have a get-together at Manny's, near Giants Stadium a great place for all Giants fans to watch a game. Bob and I used to do this for several years, along with Patti.

Again, even if we get a small group it's worth it.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Great idea. I wish I lived closer.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Ed Vette

Let's start with who has solid interest and where we come from and are willing to travel or carpool.

I'm Northern NJ and anywhere within an hour's time travel so like a 60-70 mile radius.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

I'll make the trip to wherever. Just need a date but October 2nd and 23rd are out for me.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Slugsy-Narrows

LennG

I mentioned a place called Manny's but I have no idea if it is still around. Used to be the big hangout for Giant fans to watch a game.

For me anywhere is good, as I used to travel to Albany many years ago when we had a nice contingent of posters from that area.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on August 23, 2022, 01:54:34 PMThanks Ed, see how long I've been out of touch.

Out of touch? I live vicariously through you, traveling and living the dream!
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Looks like Tim, you and me Lenn.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

October 9th vs GB in England (0930)

October 16th vs BAL (1300)

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on August 24, 2022, 12:50:46 PMOctober 9th vs GB in England (0930)

October 16th vs BAL (1300)

Just spoke with Frank and he said he would come based on the date.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on August 24, 2022, 12:53:08 PMJust spoke with Frank and he said he would come based on the date.
Great! I'm good with whichever works for him.

y_so_blu

Quote from: ozzie on August 22, 2022, 10:05:19 PMGreat idea. I wish I lived closer.
I wish I didn't live more than 1,000 miles away!  :greetings:

Bob In PA

It's still not outside the realm of possibility for me although I'd classify it as a long-shot right now. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!