News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Hurricane Weeze ????

Started by Bob In PA, September 27, 2022, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

John: As of this moment it's pointed right at you. Please keep us advised so we know you're ok. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

drakew

Just talked to my evil twin: Ian is coming ashore right now in Port Charlotte, where he lives.  "The rain is going sideways, I am icing the house for when the power goes out, I can just go to bed"

He is all buttoned up in a reinforced house: he has been through this before, landline phone stays hot even if power goes out, canal behind his house is still draining, so surge yet to affect him.

He just heard from ROCKY, who is in Sarasota, north of him, he is ok so far.
Watch the Weather channel....

"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

Bob In PA

Quote from: drakew on September 28, 2022, 11:53:52 AMJust talked to my evil twin: Ian is coming ashore right now in Port Charlotte, where he lives.  "The rain is going sideways, I am icing the house for when the power goes out, I can just go to bed"

He is all buttoned up in a reinforced house: he has been through this before, landline phone stays hot even if power goes out, canal behind his house is still draining, so surge yet to affect him.

drake: Much appreciated. If you talk to him again tell him we're thinking about him.  Bob

LennG

Quote from: drakew on September 28, 2022, 11:53:52 AMJust talked to my evil twin: Ian is coming ashore right now in Port Charlotte, where he lives.  "The rain is going sideways, I am icing the house for when the power goes out, I can just go to bed"

Thanks for the update oh handsome man with that big blue tie on.

Great to hear the name Rocky again. It has been way too long wince we heard it. Get him back on this board, if, for nothing else, then to just say Hi.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Sem

Sem

Bump.
Any news on Weeze? We have friends in North Port, about 10 miles away from Port Charlotte where Weeze lives. Our friends are fine, just some minor damage to the outside of their home. They tell me they have a few friends in Port Charlotte that have lost their homes.

Bob In PA

I've got nothing.

I checked in an attempt to determine if Weeze's power is back on and could not find any useful information.

And so we wait.

Bob

weeze

Hello all,
I am just beginning to move about. watchibng the giants on the broadcast here in s.w. Florida.
I survived ok. it was absolutely terrifying. My home withstood those 150 mile winds and got hit by a couple of tornados. Pool cage is gone taking abut 3 feet of my roof across the back of my home off. I will not replace that, Im getting a fence around the pool, if it hadnt been for that stinking pool cage the damage would be nothing. But thats not what happened at all. I have some notable damge. roof of course . it rained in one of the bedrooms bnut I fgot lucky and actually used a big powerful fan and dried it out. ran it for 7 days straight. no mold. no stink and fixed the wagter stains with KILLZ. that stuff did a good job.
Carpets ordere3d. the carpet in there was soaked and was beginning to stink so we cut it out and out to the curb.
Roofer called last night and will start in a couple of weeks. guess they are having trouble getting roofing supplies.
knocked over and blew away my maple tree that I'd been growing for about 18 years.
THe insurance company up and cancelled 10k policies in June so I didn't have any insurance. Its beginning to look like I will be moving to New York near whats left of the family now, I guess if your gonna go might as well be when family is near. Cnace is not gone so I started the whole treatment thing all over again, tube up your doink and then they shoot meds into the bladder. do that for 6 weeks and then its a month off and then another biopsy. It hasn't spread its just we got most of it but not all. Looks like Albany medical center is gonna be my new vacation spot. Dont know where should be between Ballston Spa and Lake George cause thats where the family lives.
So there you go guys my best report. hope it didn't bother you but if your gonna speak about it might as well get the full boat right?
Hope this finds all of you in good healthe GIANTS INTERCEPT and ON THE 15 WOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOO!%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
take care y'all and God Bless the New York Giants
John the Weeze
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

Sem

Good to hear you survived the hurricane. We were all worried about you here. I'm sorry you're dealing with cancer, but I think you're making the right decision to head north to be with family. I wish you all the best John.

LennG

Be well my friend and hey, next year we can all drive up to Albany and relive some of our old BBQ's.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bob In PA

John: Gee, I didn't think anything could top the news that the Giants beat the Ravens... I was so wrong! Bob

Slugsy-Narrows

Weeze

Glad to hear you are doing ok!  All fixable thank god!

As the the C!  You got this!  They will get it done!  Had a few family members with similar and all beat it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weeze

thanks for the good words my friend.
 Yeah yeah maybe, just maybe we can rekindle a bar b q in ALbany sometime. Maybe Ill even host it if I have any luck at all, somethings gotta go right for a change, unless your the jets!
 Good to hear from all you jamokes!
 Stay safe and don't feed the French!
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

Ed Vette

Thank goodness you're ok and the damage was manageable. Too bad you are leaving paradise. Having family is important. All the best, Ed
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin