News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Interview With The Vampire

Started by Ed Vette, October 03, 2022, 03:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Absolutely superb! Excellently written, directed and produced. The acting of the actor who plays the part of Louis is incredible in so many scenes.

It's not for everyone and some may be uncomfortable to where it goes.

It looks to be the next Series of greatness. I recommend watching the premier. You may like it too.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 03, 2022, 03:47:03 PMAbsolutely superb! Excellently written, directed and produced. The acting of the actor who plays the part of Louis is incredible in so many scenes.

It's not for everyone and some may be uncomfortable to where it goes.

It looks to be the next Series of greatness. I recommend watching the premier. You may like it too.
I read almost all of the books in this series.

They were amazing!

The movie years ago with Tom and Brad SUCKED!!

I have been worried that this series would blow too!

I can't wait to see it now and see for my self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveBrown74

I saw the preview I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this series is a gay take on the story, correct?

LennG

I have copied the opening episode, but I won't watch it until further down the road. I simply cannot watch week to week. So I'll collect maybe 3-4 weeks and then watch. I LOVE vampire movies and if it is as well done as you say, I will probably like it.

I fully agree, the old movie was one of the worst movies ever made. How can you screw up a Vampire movie, they managed to very much.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 03, 2022, 04:42:54 PMI saw the preview I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this series is a gay take on the story, correct?
Yes, not that there's anything wrong with that.(Seinfeld)

It actually refreshes the story.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 03, 2022, 04:42:54 PMI saw the preview I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this series is a gay take on the story, correct?
Dave

The book had a very "gay" leaning vibe to them to begin with.  The vampires male male or female female tended to be attracted to ea other.

I am not sure if this series is taking it to another level or if they are just following the books theme.

DaveBrown74

Understood. Wasn't judging obviously. Just clarifying. Because I saw a couple of dudes with fangs basically making out in the trailer. I didn't recall that from the movie but that was ages ago that I saw that so I wasn't sure.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 03, 2022, 10:12:36 PMUnderstood. Wasn't judging obviously. Just clarifying. Because I saw a couple of dudes with fangs basically making out in the trailer. I didn't recall that from the movie but that was ages ago that I saw that so I wasn't sure.
Well back when the movie was made the alt lifestyle wasn't as open and you weren't getting Tom and Brad to make out I'm sure.

Bill Brown

I have never seen the movie or read the book but I do have a signed copy of the book.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

Ed Vette

Quote from: LennG on October 03, 2022, 05:08:11 PMI have copied the opening episode, but I won't watch it until further down the road. I simply cannot watch week to week. So I'll collect maybe 3-4 weeks and then watch. I LOVE vampire movies and if it is as well done as you say, I will probably like it.

I fully agree, the old movie was one of the worst movies ever made. How can you screw up a Vampire movie, they managed to very much.
Linda likes to binge watch too. She wants to see this but it's on too late so now I have to record it so she can watch it with me.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 04, 2022, 04:49:37 PMLinda likes to binge watch too. She wants to see this but it's on too late so now I have to record it so she can watch it with me.

That's nice, watching vampires together.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

weeze

what time and where may I watch said show? I've been "out of the loop" for 2, 3, weeks.
Thanks
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

Ed Vette

Quote from: weeze on October 16, 2022, 03:22:53 PMwhat time and where may I watch said show? I've been "out of the loop" for 2, 3, weeks.
Thanks
AMC after the Walking Dead on Sundays.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Sem

I think if your service provider offers AMC you might be able to watch previously aired episodes on-demand. I use YouTube TV and that's how it works for me.

I haven't watched it yet, but I might check it out. I just finished Better Call Saul this weekend, so I'm on the lookout for something new.

weeze

I am currently watching the premier I believe as the main character just got bitten by the original vampire. so I guess this is the first episode. So far, I don't have one remark, so far its all good and very well made.
Now that THD has been reduced to a story line that makes no sense at all and is about to end, is this going to be in its time slot and be supported the way TWd was? I hope so!
The premiere just ended and they are going to run the second episode right now.
 Didn't realize this was on right after TWD. I am now. Thanks Vette
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!