News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT - New York Knicks 2022-23 Season

Started by DaveBrown74, October 04, 2022, 08:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Fire

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on October 08, 2022, 10:10:33 AMAnother impressive win for the Knicks last night

Obi was unbelievable - blocks a 3pt shot, then runs the floor for a highlight reel stuff - check it out

https://twitter.com/KnicksMSGN/status/1578557293972656128

The hope was the way he and even quickly ended last year (the last 10 games or so) was not an aberration but a sign of things to come. It certainly looks that way. And could soften the blow pf not doing thr Mitchell trade

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on October 08, 2022, 10:10:33 AMAnother impressive win for the Knicks last night

Obi was unbelievable - blocks a 3pt shot, then runs the floor for a highlight reel stuff - check it out

https://twitter.com/KnicksMSGN/status/1578557293972656128

Yup, good one last night, and it was definitely Obi's night. 24 point in 20 minutes. Gotta love seeing that.

Seems like Thibs wants to keep his minutes roughly even with Randle's for now. I can certainly live with that.

DaveBrown74

Thankfully it didn't count, but I can't say I love seeing games like last night, where the Knicks look relatively solid for three quarters and then just crumble and get owned in the fourth quarter. Defense is a real worry for this team.

Philosophers

Knicks need a Jordan Poole type draft pick.  Guy gets drafted 28th and is one of the best young guards in the NBA.

Knicks kids need to do the same.

madbadger

Quote from: Philosophers on October 15, 2022, 05:32:33 PMKnicks need a Jordan Poole type draft pick.  Guy gets drafted 28th and is one of the best young guards in the NBA.

Knicks kids need to do the same.

Thibs would sit him in favor of Fournier's "defense". Toppin has big time potential and yet he insists on playing a ball dominant four 35 minutes again to Toppin and Barrett's detriment.

Philosophers

Quote from: madbadger on October 15, 2022, 07:01:06 PMThibs would sit him in favor of Fournier's "defense". Toppin has big time potential and yet he insists on playing a ball dominant four 35 minutes again to Toppin and Barrett's detriment.

Maybe but he is a lights out shooter so tough to seat those types.

madbadger

Quote from: Philosophers on October 15, 2022, 10:02:37 PMMaybe but he is a lights out shooter so tough to seat those types.

I don't consider Fournier or Randal lights out shooters. If you're referring to Poole I don't think it matters to Thibs. Everything starts with defensive value. Last year when our point guards were gutted he elected to play a 2 at the 1 because McBride wasn't good enough defensively.

madbadger

Brutal loss. Barrett had one of his worst games as a pro. 17% from the field and 0% from three point range and your team loses by three. Not a great way to celebrate your first game after signing a big fat extension. On the plus side Cam Reddish showed why he was so highly thought of coming out of high school.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on October 19, 2022, 10:55:45 PMBrutal loss. Barrett had one of his worst games as a pro. 17% from the field and 0% from three point range and your team loses by three. Not a great way to celebrate your first game after signing a big fat extension. On the plus side Cam Reddish showed why he was so highly thought of coming out of high school.

Yeah that was rough. I did like the way they didn't give up and forced OT after being down substantially earlier in the game. Was also impressed with Hartenstein and Reddish.

Having said that I agree with you. Barrett was unconscionably bad, and I thought the D in general (especially on the perimeter) was not good. The Grizzlies had a poor night from the free throw line. We don't get that game to OT if they shoot something more normal like 70%.

If memory serves we had more ping pong balls than the Grizzlies in 2019. Imagine if we got Ja instead of Barrett. Talk about franchise-altering. Barrett is light years behind this guy in terms of talent.

Jolly Blue Giant

Fun game to watch. I wouldn't get too down on RJ. He was off (really, really off) last night...no doubt. All players have off nights. It was painful to watch him go through a bad night. He'll have big nights ahead

Impressed with Randle showing his old self. Reddish a nice surprise if he can always play the way he did last night. Hart was a great pickup and Brunson looks like the real deal. This is a better team than they had last year. Still need a game changer like Ja. Not sure where they can get one
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Blue Fire

Hard to draw final judgements on a team in the first game. They came back and played well vs a strong team on the road. Some negative patterns we saw from last year but Ill wait a bit longer before judging the coaching or individual players too harshly.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on October 20, 2022, 08:06:09 AMFun game to watch. I wouldn't get too down on RJ. He was off (really, really off) last night...no doubt. All players have off nights. It was painful to watch him go through a bad night. He'll have big nights ahead

Impressed with Randle showing his old self. Reddish a nice surprise if he can always play the way he did last night. Hart was a great pickup and Brunson looks like the real deal. This is a better team than they had last year. Still need a game changer like Ja. Not sure where they can get one

Obviously Barrett isn't usually going to be this bad, but it's not the way you want to see a year four player start who just signed a big extension. The issue with him has never been that he can't have big nights. We know that he can as he has plenty of times. The issue with him has been consistency. Now that he's in year four and making real money the tolerance for him to have games like this is less than it was in past years. If he shakes this off and plays well from here on, then no problem obviously. But he needs to grow up this year and figure out how to be a consistently strong player. Good players know when their shot is off and have the humility to give up the ball more on those nights. He was taking off balance corner threes last night with a hand in his face. He needs to realize he's not Reggie Miller and be more mature than that.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Blue Fire on October 20, 2022, 08:20:29 AMHard to draw final judgements on a team in the first game. They came back and played well vs a strong team on the road. Some negative patterns we saw from last year but Ill wait a bit longer before judging the coaching or individual players too harshly.

I have not seen anyone here "draw final judgments" about anything. I am simply saying what I think are reasonable expectations for Barrett this year in year four commanding a significant salary. Hopefully he can live up to them.

madbadger

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on October 20, 2022, 08:06:09 AMFun game to watch. I wouldn't get too down on RJ. He was off (really, really off) last night...no doubt. All players have off nights. It was painful to watch him go through a bad night. He'll have big nights ahead

It disturbs me for some reason that he kept chucking them up even though he was ice cold. At a certain point you know you're having a crappy night and continuing to shoot isn't a good move. At that point focus on rebounding and playing excellent defense and let your teammates go to work.

Blue Fire

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 20, 2022, 08:24:17 AMI have not seen anyone here "draw final judgments" about anything. I am simply saying what I think are reasonable expectations for Barrett this year in year four commanding a significant salary. Hopefully he can live up to them.

Defensive this morning? Just providing perspective.