News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

TV firsts

Started by LennG, October 12, 2022, 08:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Hard to believe the first Superbowl broadcast didn't happen until 1967 

"All in the Family" with Archie Bunker in '71 broke all the rules. I doubt it would be allowed to play in today's cultural atmosphere (dittos with early Saturday Night Live and Blazing Saddles)

Then there's a little secret let out in a biography of what went on behind the scenes of Captain Kangaroo - the kid's show. Apparently Mr. Greenjeans was quite the cutup and when Captain was on air, Greenjeans would whip out his Johnson from behind the curtains helicoptering it to try and get the Captain distracted to mess up his lines

:what:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

I'm sure you know that the original Clarabell, on the Howdy Doody show was Bob Keeshan (Captain Kangaroo)
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: LennG on October 17, 2022, 03:01:18 PMI'm sure you know that the original Clarabell, on the Howdy Doody show was Bob Keeshan (Captain Kangaroo)

You would be wrong Lenn. I never saw Howdy Doody as I got one channel only as a child and it didn't have Howdy. And I never heard of Clarabell  :-??

But that's an interesting tidbit that might help me when doing trivia some day. I knew that he was a Marine during WWII which always made me respectful of him. But other than that, pretty much the extent of my knowledge of Keeshan
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

Neve r saw Howdy Doody--  :what:  :what:  :what:  :what:  :what:

Anyway here is a clip from the last show, when Clarabell finally spoke after maybe 10 years of being silent.

https://youtu.be/PDJ-z9pjGCE

And try this really silly clip of Andy Kaufman interviewing Howdy

https://youtu.be/jbdMWNTYRLY

Charlie Weiss