News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Pelosi Break-In

Started by DaveBrown74, October 29, 2022, 02:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Awful story. The thought of being brutally attacked at home in the middle of the night is as frightening as it gets. I wonder if this will lead to spouses of VIPs getting security even when the spouse isn't there. Lots of conspiracy theories flying around on this one too. I'm not buying any of them until there is compelling reason to. I have not seen any yet, although there are a few things about the case that are a bit odd.

Bottom line, this just further underscores how bad crime has become in our country especially in recent years. That is not intended to be a political statement - just a matter of fact observation.

MightyGiants

DB,

I am not sure this is an issue of crime but rather an issue of promoting too much hate by always playing on fear and anger.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 29, 2022, 03:29:18 PMDB,

I am not sure this is an issue of crime but rather an issue of promoting too much hate by always playing on fear and anger.

Maybe MG. Hard to know too much about this case at this stage. By that I just mean I have only read a couple of articles about this assailant. Obviously a very unstable individual. Awful story but thankfully Mr. Pelosi is at least expected to make a full recovery. That's better than can be said for so many in this disastrous Seoul stampede.

MightyGiants

DB,

Here is a pretty good article about what we know.  We should probably stop this conversation as it appears to be heading in a political direction

https://www.yahoo.com/news/accused-pelosi-attacker-david-depape-234218957.html
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bill Brown

Obviously this guy is a poster boy for mental health disorders. Unfortunately the country has turned its back on this problem.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 29, 2022, 03:40:12 PMDB,

Here is a pretty good article about what we know.  We should probably stop this conversation as it appears to be heading in a political direction

https://www.yahoo.com/news/accused-pelosi-attacker-david-depape-234218957.html

Ok - no problem. I won't post again. Was hoping we could have an apolitical discussion about it as it is a crazy story but maybe that was unrealistic of me.